Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Can I find: Croissants in a Can

Options
  • 31-01-2012 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi,

Aldi used sell croissant (and bread) dough in a paper/steel can that one would open, roll out, shape and bake.

The were delicious and would sell out very quickly, but for some reason they no longer sell them (haven't seen them in a couple of years now, in any Aldi).

Where can I find a substitute?

aldi.jpeg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

I got jus roll crossiant dough in a can in superquinn....wasnt that impressed though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I haver bought them in Superquinn and Tesco loads of times, but I haven't gone looking for them in a while,so I dont know about current availability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 brnlghln

hmmm...

I'll have a look in Tesco's tomorrow check the Tesco website now...

Found these: (Jus Rol 6 Croissant 250G)

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Look suspiciously similar to Aldi's old packaging (metal capped, paper spiral 6 pack, same dimensions)

I'll investigate them tomorrow :-)

Further suggestions welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

brnlghln wrote: »
    hmmm...

I'll have a look in Tesco's tomorrow check the Tesco website now...

Found these: (Jus Rol 6 Croissant 250G)

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Look suspiciously similar to Aldi's old packaging (metal capped, paper spiral 6 pack, same dimensions)

I'll investigate them tomorrow :-)

Further suggestions welcome.

Danone ones are the exact same spec too, usually found in the chill cabinet .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Tesco sell them, they're usually around the speciality butter (garlic butter etc)

4729289_20d9127232.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Swirls

They are currently in stock in the Tescos in Crumlin Village. I suppose they could be described as.... edible. Nice with some jam.

Advertisement