Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why does **** now equal success?

• 31-01-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Forget it. I can't fix it, now that's ****ing annoying. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Jesus that's some amount of links!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Now, there's a man with time on his hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

With the clusterf*ck that is that OP, this thread is bound to be the most successful in Boards history!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

HAHA add me to the list:P
    That's not how it looked when I typed it....:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Oh Ted, Ted, Teddy, Ted, Ted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

That film list is very hard to read in that format, but from a quick look at it I have to say I really enjoyed both Tin-Tin and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I thought the title meant why does fúck = success.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

In these times of recession the production companies arent willing to try new formats or IPs and considering most people are willing to watch talentless hacks sing old songs and get judged on it why try anything new.

New ideas dont sell, so we keep re-threading old ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

........and the longest post of the day goes to......

*300 posts.....go me!!*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I'm trying to fix it:o:(:mad::(:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Here's why

Overcoming the Monster

Hero learns of a great evil threatening the land, and sets out to destroy it.

Rags to Riches

Surrounded by dark forces who suppress and ridicule him, the Hero slowly blossoms into a mature figure who ultimately gets riches, a kingdom, and the perfect mate.

The Quest

Hero learns of a great MacGuffin that he desperately wants to find, and sets out to find it, often with companions.

Voyage and Return

Hero heads off into a magic land with crazy rules, ultimately triumphs over the madness and returns home far more mature than when he set out.

Comedy

Hero and Heroine are destined to get together, but a dark force is preventing them from doing so; the story conspires to make the dark force repent, and suddenly the Hero and Heroine are free to get together. This is part of a cascade of effects that shows everyone for who they really are, and allows two or more other relationships to correctly form.

Tragedy

The flip side of the Overcoming the Monster plot. Our protagonist character is the Villain, but we get to watch him slowly spiral down into darkness before he's finally defeated, freeing the land from his evil influence.

Rebirth

As with the Tragedy plot, but our protagonist manages to realize his error before it's too late, and does a Heel Face Turn to avoid inevitable defeat.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheSevenBasicPlots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'm trying to fix itredface.giffrown.gifmad.giffrown.gifmad.gif

It's gonna take a lot of fixing if it goes on like it starts as:
    I also hear that they're remaking Scarface, why?

They already did that. It was released in 1983 and starred Al Pacino!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Forget it. I can't fix it, now that's ****ing annoying. :mad:

Fail.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement