Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm thinking of buying an aprtment in Dundalk

Options
  • 31-01-2012 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi thinking about buying on apartment in Douglas Court Dundalk
    is this apartment complex a normal area. If I wanted to rent out said apartment would it be possible would there be any demand or this kind of apartment or are they too old?
    Advice really appreciated as I don't know too much of Dundalk I'm looking to buy there as can't afford elsewhere and it seems like a good enough town.
    Is carroll village a lot better? I wanted to get on apartment there but missed out frown.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Zveri wrote: »
    Hi thinking about buying on apartment in Douglas Court Dundalk
    is this apartment complex a normal area. If I wanted to rent out said apartment would it be possible would there be any demand or this kind of apartment or are they too old?
    Advice really appreciated as I don't know too much of Dundalk I'm looking to buy there as can't afford elsewhere and it seems like a good enough town.
    Is carroll village a lot better? I wanted to get on apartment there but missed out frown.gif

You want to buy to let in a rental market that you are unfamiliar with in a recession?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Go talk to a QFA.

Property is not an investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Zveri

Zamboni I do want to buy to let in the recession.
    I'm trying to buy in at the very bottom of the market
    I know people will say it will fall further but I'm talking a property up to 50k max is what I'm looking at.
    The reason I want to rent it is obviously that slowly over time even if the rent is low that it will slowly repay what I paid for it over say 10 years but during that time I'll have a monthly rental income should I need it in hard times
    I don't want to keep money in the bank now exactly because of the recession.
    If the euro collapses totally my money in the bank will be worth next to nothing.
    I'm looking on it as a long term investment it's not a business to me because it's not going to return my money in 3 or 5 years it'll be 10 years approx before it pays for itself if i'm lucky

Advertisement