Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steve Wilkos, Jermney kyle Does Ireland need its own version?

• 31-01-2012 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭

Do you think there would be much demand for this style if show in Ireland?

Would you go on it for €500?

I think there's a demand but I would not go on it for any money

Who would present it?

marianne finucane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

No we do not! Dear God could you imagine it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I'll do it, i can develop and addiction to steroids and cocaine to make it more interesting. The show will basically consist of me beating the crap out of anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

not needed

anyways most of those scenarios used in jeremy troll and steve wilkos shows are completely made up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

God no.

Chavs in this country don't need any more exposure than they have already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

John Doe1 wrote: »
    I'll do it, i can develop and addiction to steroids and cocaine to make it more interesting. The show will basically consist of me beating the crap out of anyone

i bet noonan would find yet another way to tax you.

Noonan's Chav tax

All people wearing white tracksuits, or ugg boots with tracksuits or pajamas would need to display a chav tax disc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

micropig wrote: »
    Who would present it?

marianne finucane
    Good idea. It's time she started earning her wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Joe Duffy would be a good presenter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

A strange type of voyeurism into the lives of troubled fools.

No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Those two are symbolic of everything that is wrong with moral socirty and are as bad as the scum they interview. Why would ireland "need" this?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Underdraft

A bald-headed moron and an effeminate sissy-man who likes to act tough until someone actually confronts him on it?

No, there's already plenty of them in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Jermney kyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

TV3 should do it.

Have Martin King host.

"Kinger."

Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Those two are symbolic of everything that is wrong with moral socirty and are as bad as the scum they interview. Why would ireland "need" this?

So graham / or such other type could help them?:confused::P

doubledown wrote: »
    TV3 should do it.

Have Martin King host.

"Kinger."

Simple.

Kinger sorts the mingers??:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

call it byrned and have gay byrne host it

"ok now folks, anto , deco, damo, baz and hatchet are all potential fathers to gacintas 8 month old baby girl chantelle. And the results of the DNA test are in, it appears that anto is in fact the father to the baby" "i don wanna be te fcukin da to dat yoke" "settle down now anto, "

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

and have a social welfare officer in the audience taking notes

and have a social welfare officer in the audience taking notes

if you film it on a weeday afternoon you could just inspect all the guests and audience, youd have the welfare abuse cleaned up in a week

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fourteen

Nowhere needs something like this.

But christ, I can only imagine how bad it would be here. Maybe we should actually. For the lulz, like. As for the second question, definitely no. By going on a show like that, you're pretty much admitting you've failed at life, so €500 is a pretty cheap reward for that.

€750 and we could talk..

if you film it on a weeday afternoon you could just inspect all the guests and audience, youd have the welfare abuse cleaned up in a week

Is this some extra day SW pays for?:P

First I've heard of it:mad::p

Gettin a bit tedious now, Eric..

• Advertisement

Is this some extra day SW pays for?:P

First I've heard of it:mad::p

yeah the dole scroungers stole the k to pay for more heroin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Would it be viable? Far more skangers in England than there are people in Ireland.

Would it be viable? Far more skangers in England than there are people in Ireland.

this is what I was wondering. Is Ireland too small? Most people probably won't go on it because too many people would know them,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Plus with all the inbred nackers we have the DNA tests to establish paternity would be a complete waste of time.

Sky King wrote: »
    Plus with all the inbred nackers we have the DNA tests to establish paternity would be a complete waste of time.

YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!

But you're still his cousin...

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think it's a great idea, it could be used as a selection process for culling. I'm sure it would be a while before someone copped that anyone who appeared on the show was never seen again.

YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!

But you're still his cousin...

And the test shows all 16 men are the father:D

Sort that one out Graham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

call it byrned and have gay byrne host it

"ok now folks, anto , deco, damo, baz and hatchet are all potential fathers to gacintas 8 month old baby girl chantelle. And the results of the DNA test are in, it appears that anto is in fact the father to the baby" "i don wanna be te fcukin da to dat yoke" "settle down now anto, "

And sterilisation for everyone in the audience!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I see Jeremy Kyle is now operating from the US :confused:

WTF is the point of that? Where's the cringe factor gone? Seriously, it was the only show of it's kind in the UK.. they have loads of stuff like that in the US.

It's crap too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So graham / or such other type could help them?:confused::P

Other people with a bit less self-interestt preferably! Who the f is Graham?

No reason to stop them hiring a few actors and writers and making **** up. Probably do already.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    No reason to stop them hiring a few actors and writers and making **** up. Probably do already.

They could put the Shameless rejects on it maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Judgemental, nasty, self righteous, self appointed "moral" guardian, hypocritical cuntt? Wherever could Ireland find one of those...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Yes, Ireland needs someone who preys on the difficulties of society's vulnerable to boost his ratings, his ego and his wallet. That'll help everything.

Dudess wrote: »
    Judgemental, nasty, self righteous, self appointed "moral" guardian, hypocritical cuntt? Wherever could Ireland find one of those...?

Not sure.. An apprentice style show maybe:D

I already have a few contestants lined up:p

St.Spodo wrote: »
    Yes, Ireland needs someone who preys on the difficulties of society's vulnerable to boost his ratings, his ego and his wallet. That'll help everything.

With all due respect, what you two are clearly forgetting is that Dublin knacker junkie scum (I'm sure knacker junkie scum from all over the rest of Ireland too) are an almost infinite source of entertainment and we need to take advantage of this right fudgin now.

The countrys ****ed, the junkies are never going to change so why not take advantage of their natural talent for cringe comedy?! They'll go on the show for a fiver, it'll cost us nothing. We can tell them what to say or just leave them at it. Ratings will soar, we'll all laugh, the poor, sorry gob****es will love it and Georgia Salpa will offer me her services as my new hat. Everybody wins.

Especially Me The Junkies.

Thank you.

• Advertisement

With all due respect, what you two are clearly forgetting is that Dublin knacker junkie scum (I'm sure knacker junkie scum from all over the rest of Ireland too) are an almost infinite source of entertainment and we need to take advantage of this right fudgin now.

The countrys ****ed, the junkies are never going to change so why not take advantage of their natural talent for cringe comedy?! They'll go on the show for a fiver, it'll cost us nothing. We can tell them what to say or just leave them at it. Ratings will soar, we'll all laugh, the poor, sorry gob****es will love it and Georgia Salpa will offer me her services as my new hat. Everybody wins.

Especially Me The Junkies.

Thank you.

A fiver you say? Yes you can be on the first show if you want. (scripts will be provided if necessary (€2 euro deducted from wages for script) and there may be an opportunity to do a big brother follow up style thingy)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Zaph wrote: »
    I think it's a great idea, it could be used as a selection process for culling. I'm sure it would be a while before someone copped that anyone who appeared on the show was never seen again.

They could be loured on with the promise of a holiday to Ibiza for all participants at the end of the season... only for the plane to go "missing" mid-flight... Tragic really...

A fiver you say? Yes you can be on the first show if you want. (scripts will be provided if necessary (€2 euro deducted from wages for script) and there may be an opportunity to do a big brother follow up style thingy)
    :D

Well then what the blue **** are we waiting for?! LET'S MAKE TV HISTORY!

Well then what the blue **** are we waiting for?! LET'S MAKE TV HISTORY!

Email sent to TV3:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

"Ma, i'm gonna be on that Irish Jeremy Kyle Show.

Quick, put my "Going Out" pyjamas in the wash!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭Archeron

The country needs to hear the tragic tale of how I endured a sex change operation so I could be with my lesbian lover only for her to have a change of heart and sexuality and leave me for a cage fighter called Mungo. Nothing but an on screen chair fight can mend my broken heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I'm actually surprised that TV3 haven't even attempted to produce a show like this, Irish people are naturally nosey and we have plenty of skangers, it would be a huge success.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    "Ma, i'm gonna be on that Irish Jeremy Kyle Show.

Quick, put my "Going Out" pyjamas in the wash!!"

Make sure & have them ready, you could be getting a call anytime
    Archeron wrote: »
    The country needs to hear the tragic tale of how I endured a sex change operation so I could be with my lesbian lover only for her to have a change of heart and sexuality and leave me for a cage fighter called Mungo. Nothing but an on screen chair fight can mend my broken heart.

Yes they do!:D

St.Spodo wrote: »

vulnerable and stupid are two different things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Is Liveline not enough for you?

Is Liveline not enough for you?

Joe doesn't supply after show care:mad::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Ok, I'll do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I think the Adrian Kennedy phone show is the closest we have to something like it. I'd love to see an Irish Jeremy Kyle style programme. I think skangers get an easy ride from the media. They should be mocked and laughed at, at every opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

not needed

anyways most of those scenarios used in jeremy troll and steve wilkos shows are completely made up.

this is no lie. I saw Jeremy Kyle one day and the story revolved around a couple in which the man believed that the wife popping out for milk was actually a guise for her having a three way behind the petrol station with two random strangers.

quality hungover entertainment though.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Ok, I'll do it.

you'll need a good story, there's a queue waiting

• Advertisement
Advertisement