Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steve Wilkos, Jermney kyle Does Ireland need its own version?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

I think the Adrian Kennedy phone show is the closest we have to something like it. I'd love to see an Irish Jeremy Kyle style programme. I think skangers get an easy ride from the media. They should be mocked and laughed at, at every opportunity.

I wonder who Adriaaan be willing to present it for us?

Although Marrianne Finucane will have to split her wages with him

*runs off to check if shes happy with this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Dudess wrote: »
    Judgemental, nasty, self righteous, self appointed "moral" guardian, hypocritical cuntt? Wherever could Ireland find one of those...?
    In every county ...... in every parish ...... in every townland Gerry. Yay! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

micropig wrote: »
    this is what I was wondering. Is Ireland too small? Most people probably won't go on it because too many people would know them,

Tallafornia?

Sindri wrote: »
    Tallafornia?

:mad: We see enough of them

Turns out demand is high to be a guest :)

a)We need to solve the more important issue of who will present it?
    b) How much fee would you do it for?

Good try through:p

Spread wrote: »
    In every county ...... in every parish ...... in every townland Gerry. Yay! :D

Gerry, of Gerry Ryan Is that you? But your agent said....:confused:

Never mind, you available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I'm actually surprised TV3 hasn't picked up on this all ready.
    It would be horrid and cringe-worthy but I'm sure it would get the ratings.

Well come to think of it actually Adrian Kennedy was on City Channel for long enough. Basically a very watered down version where you have to use a little imagination too. :D

I'm actually surprised TV3 hasn't picked up on this all ready.
    It would be horrid and cringe-worthy but I'm sure it would get the ratings.

Well come to think of it actually Adrian Kennedy was on City Channel for long enough. Basically a very watered down version where you have to use a little imagination too. :D

= :D Ya seen it here first!

Heard Adrian a few times, honestly where does he get the people, Is there a talent agency for morons?

(c) Copyrighted ideas in this post

1) Irish version of Jermney style. Final title to be decided Working title 'The biggest loser

2) Talent agency for morons

& remember you won't steal a car - don't steal my coprighted information:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

If Tv3 were to do an Irish version of The Jeremy Kyle show they have to get Jeremy Kyle to do it.

I wonder what does he think of the social welfare rates for stoners over here? :D

mikeym wrote: »
    If Tv3 were to do an Irish version of The Jeremy Kyle show they have to get Jeremy Kyle to do it.

I wonder what does he think of the social welfare rates for stoners over here? :D

*just checked with Marion, she's not sharing her money with Jeremy...need a presenter/personality from Irish tv (tax loopholes)

I said to Jeremy, "i guess your happy with SW rates for stoners"

he said, "wanna bet on it?!":D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Niles wrote: »
    They could be loured on with the promise of a holiday to Ibiza for all participants at the end of the season... only for the plane to go "missing" mid-flight... Tragic really...
    How can you possibly suggest such a thing ?

Do you realise how much a plane costs ?

How can you possibly suggest such a thing ?

Do you realise how much a plane costs ?

Shows budget will not extend to plane costs

Spike Island will be renovated for any holidaying purposes required (and this comes out of your appearance fee):p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

I think the Adrian Kennedy phone show is the closest we have to something like it. I'd love to see an Irish Jeremy Kyle style programme. I think skangers get an easy ride from the media. They should be mocked and laughed at, at every opportunity.

He does have some characters on his show alright. Anyone hear the phone show last night they had a guy on the show who had been on the dole for 46 years:eek:
    I wonder what Jermney Kyle would of thought of that.

If TV3 does do an Irish version of the Jermney Kyle show I think Adrian Kennedy would be the best man for the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

micropig wrote: »
    Do you think there would be much demand for this style if show in Ireland?

Would you go on it for €500?

I think there's a demand but I would not go on it for any money

Who would present it?

marianne finucane
    TV3 might need it. Ireland doesn't. Any of the expose lassies could present it. They'd just have to learn a new 'tone'...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,219 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

yes absolutely ireland needs such a show, of course it does, it could act as a public health warning identifying some of the riddled diseased trash living among us, bring it on, AK as the presenter, all though i like the idea of joe or gay presenting to. or how about eamon dunphy?

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

Classic Jeremy Kyle :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Jumboman wrote: »
    Classic Jeremy Kyle :D

Stick something on the end of it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Steve's show isn't actually that bad. It is kinda good at times.
    Jeremy... well he's a bit of a jackass and should be shot.

I'd like to see your man who does Damo and Ivor as the host.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I don't see why anyone would suggest we need a programme like these.

If it's self-righteous rage vented by self-appointed moral guardians towards those they see as beneath them, or a fascination with the lives of the underclass you want, why look past the first page of After Hours?

If people felt such discussions really ought to be televised though, I'm sure there'd be plenty of boardsies who'd queue up to present the programme without fear, going by the amount of "just give me five minutes alone with them" guff that gets spouted.

Better yet, to save money, TV3 could just film threads being slowly scrolled through. People could read them and to make it seem less like boring old reading, it could be accompanied by a soundtrack of bitter, loud family arguments in public, dogs barking, and crying children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

David McSavage would make a good host.
    I'd watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Prometheus

No, there is no need for this type of show, and my wife/sister/cousin agrees with me. Right, off to the NRA/KKK meeting then attend my meth lab! Shucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

We already have Joe Duffy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

If we had a show like that and Craig Doyle hosted I think the universe would implode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Just wait 15 minutes at a bus stop on Abbey Street and you get Ireland's version for free.

Then watch that video of the Gowl Woman from Mullingar,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Sure, call it 'The Scroungers'. Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Yer man on the dole 30+ years could be the first guest to tell us how the recession has affected him and his family

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JessePinkman

Oh dear God No !!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Boombastic wrote: »
    Yer man on the dole 30+ years could be the first guest to tell us how the recession has affected him and his family

Great idea. He can tell us all about his flat screen TVs and Sky package. Hopefully his quality of life hasn't been affected too much.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

This is well worth watching, all of the parts. Absolutely hilarious stuff :D:pac:

Nick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You get to sit in the audience of the Irish version of the show anytime you sit on the number 40 or 79 bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

Please don't bother yourselves to create these shows on your own. Jeremy Kyle is an import I'm sure he'd be closer to home there, and I'd throw in Wikos, Springer (another import- but here so long no one remembers) and Maury and even Rici Lake who hasn't been on yet and The latest import Trisha and there's a local one Bill Cunningham who started on midnight radio giving lawyerly advice. If you won't take all of them - even one or two would help. Then maybe we could get back to entertainment on TV? PLEEEEZ ? PURTY PLEEEEZ?

Maybe they should get Pat kenny to present the Irish version:D

Advertisement