Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic and Wall insulation...

• 31-01-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I am thinking of getting the house insulated and have a rep from Emerald Insulation coming out to do a survey.

Anyone used these guys before?

Feedback would be appreciated (by PM if necessary).

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,704 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

are you applying for a grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Yes. Why?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,704 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Roaster wrote: »
    Yes. Why?

because work under the grant scheme has to be carried out in accordance with a code of practise and works specification, which are available for viewing on the SEAI website. that means theres fall back if the job isnt carried out properly.

If it was not grant aimed, then hes free to provide whatever level of service he feels fit.

TBH i havent heard of this guy before. A quick linkedin check shows that he was in finance up until about a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

sydthebeat wrote: »
    because work under the grant scheme has to be carried out in accordance with a code of practise and works specification, which are available for viewing on the SEAI website. that means theres fall back if the job isnt carried out properly.

If it was not grant aimed, then hes free to provide whatever level of service he feels fit.

TBH i havent heard of this guy before. A quick linkedin check shows that he was in finance up until about a year ago.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

This is off on a slight tangent but I can't seem to be able to start a thread on it. Last summer I got my walls pumped and over the winter have noticed that we are getting mildew, which we never previously had a problem with. The mildew is growing in the corner of two patio doors, some windows and in the corner of a dormer. What can I do about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 wetpatch

Thinking of getting them too. Says based in Portlaoise , How did u get on please ?

Advertisement