Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid car parks

Options
  • 31-01-2012 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if these are usually full? I'm normally up early enough to get a free spot but have some late starts this semester and would love to come in later, even if I have to pay!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

Usually have spaces in them but they're pretty expensive, there's a few estates around UCD that are free to park in, bit more of a walk but better than paying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Usually have spaces in them but they're pretty expensive, there's a few estates around UCD that are free to park in, bit more of a walk but better than paying

50 cent an hour? To be honest I consider that fairly acceptable for car parking. If you're only in for two or 3 hours €1.50 is alright considering there's nearly always spaces. If you're like the OP and only do it a couple of times a month it's pretty good all things considered.

I'd refuse to pay the €5 per hour ones though, more expensive than the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

50 cent an hour? To be honest I consider that fairly acceptable for car parking. If you're only in for two or 3 hours €1.50 is alright considering there's nearly always spaces. If you're like the OP and only do it a couple of times a month it's pretty good all things considered.

I'd refuse to pay the €5 per hour ones though, more expensive than the city centre.

Never seen the 50c ones only the €5 ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I've never seen any that weren't 50c!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

Only time you'll have trouble is if you are coming in for an eleven o clock lecture. The estates are very handy though

• Advertisement

Never seen the 50c ones only the €5 ones

There's only one tiny car park that's €5 :confused: They're nearly all 50 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

There's only one tiny car park that's €5 :confused: They're nearly all 50 cent.

Which is the 5 euro one?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Victoria. wrote: »
    Which is the 5 euro one?

I think there's about 3/4 €5-an-hour spaces near the Roebuck School of Law (bays are marked with yellow lines) and there are also a few spaces in the SU Car Park marked with yellow lines, not sure if this means they are €5 an hour - there would be a sign.

There's a paid (50c an hour) car park near the Roebuck Law School and the Roebuck Residence that isn't usually full (at any time), and is about a 4/5 min walk from the Newman building.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

the spaces outside health science are also €5 per hour. The carpark up beisde the astro-turf and hockey pitches is all 50c per hour. Unfortunately, you can purchase an annual permit for these carparks so they're usually full by 9ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Bluefox21 wrote: »
    Only time you'll have trouble is if you are coming in for an eleven o clock lecture. The estates are very handy though

Just a shame for the people who live there who have to deal with the (often) poorly parked cars. There have been days in Roebuck Castle where students unfamiliar with the layout have parked on both sides of the road closing it off to refuse vehicles. Then there is the DL registered Astra (complete with go faster spoiler) which seems incapable of being parked parallel to the pavement. No wonder it still has an L plate on it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

I usually park in Richview if I'm in early, last semester I always got a space there without fail and then one day I got clamped and the next day they put up all those barriers so I only ever get parking there if I'm in for 10ish.

Otherwise its away to Law up by Roebuck, I don't know about OP but I bring my 4 housemates into college too so even if we're there 10-6 thats less than €1 each which I reckon is grand. Otherwise what I'd do is park there for a few hours and then move to a free space once college starts dying down around 2 or 3. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 circum222

I live in Belgrove an I find it ridicilous that I cant find parking outside my own apartment, why are we not given permits at the start of the year like other universities. Suppose UCD dont really give a crap about anything.Even a fee for the permit would be acceptable

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

circum222 wrote: »
    I live in Belgrove an I find it ridicilous that I cant find parking outside my own apartment, why are we not given permits at the start of the year like other universities. Suppose UCD dont really give a crap about anything.Even a fee for the permit would be acceptable

There's parking in Belgrove and two big free car parks beside Belgrove! What time do you generally arrive at - Sunday night / Monday morning, or other times?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 circum222

Up now, but if i wanna pop over to see friends off campus during the day I wont find space and sometimes when people have guests they tend to fill up the spaces quick.

circum222 wrote: »
    Up now, but if i wanna pop over to see friends off campus during the day I wont find space and sometimes when people have guests they tend to fill up the spaces quick.

Cycle/Bus/Shanks Mare?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

It's a bit of a first world problem; better get used to paying to park as when working, public transport is rarely any more accessible than for UCD and it's rare for an employer to provide parking for early stage employees!

Advertisement