Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off peak electricity hours?

Options
  • 31-01-2012 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

Was hoping that somebody could tell what exactly are the off peak hours for electricity?

My electricity is with Bord Gais, if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparcocars

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Was hoping that somebody could tell what exactly are the off peak hours for electricity?

My electricity is with Bord Gais, if that makes any difference.

Off peak is between 11pm and 8am during winter and then between 12am and 9 am during summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

What months are considered winter and summer though?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparcocars

The times coincide with the daylight saving hours. So when the clocks go back then this is considered winter times and when they go forward this is considered summer times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yes as said, in winter the on time is 11pm, off 8am.

When clocks go forward, the 11pm will now be actually 12 midnight, and the off time is now 9am.

It would be like you setting an alarm clock for 11pm every night at the moment. When clocks go forward on the last sunday in march, if you do nothing to the alarm clock, it will now have its alarm going off at midnight, and back to 11pm when the clocks go back again in oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭roxana

What time is night saver on electric ireland then? Is it 2am-7am? Could anyone answer please?
    I'm sooo confused today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,434 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Is there such a thing as off peak,do you sign up or is it automatic,I've never seen off peak on the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

kneemos wrote: »
    Is there such a thing as off peak,do you sign up or is it automatic,I've never seen off peak on the bill.

You have to a have a dual tariff meter

Advertisement