Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to the forum

• 31-01-2012 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Craic lads new to this forum, nice to see some good darts banter goin on, ive benn playin at home for a while, just startin to come good(i think), lookin to get more into the game, leagues/teams etc in cork, if anyone had any info it would be really appreciated, cheers in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good to have you on the forum. I'm sure some of the lads can help you with a team etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wooly05

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Good to have you on the forum. I'm sure some of the lads can help you with a team etc

Cheers king, good to be here man, dont think i fancy meself to waltz straight onto a team, just lookin for general info on the whole thing, how leagues/teams work?? Thanx again for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

In Cork City there are two leagues. The CDO and the CDPA. Generally the CDO are more northside and have a higher member ship. I wont get into which is better as they both have merit and its a little too political to go into why there are two associations. I dont know what part of the city your in, if the city at all so give us an idea where and we can point you to some good darts pubs. If near the north side the Joshua on a Friday night is the place to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wooly05

stylie wrote: »
    In Cork City there are two leagues. The CDO and the CDPA. Generally the CDO are more northside and have a higher member ship. I wont get into which is better as they both have merit and its a little too political to go into why there are two associations. I dont know what part of the city your in, if the city at all so give us an idea where and we can point you to some good darts pubs. If near the north side the Joshua on a Friday night is the place to be

Cheers for that stylie, the darts sounds to be goin well in the city, id say the standard is pretty high?? Im in the fermoy area myself, do them organisations only cover the city??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

They do, however the CDPA run the ranking tournaments around the County and Country, or at least are involved in it.
    Fermoy has its own leagues as far as I know, but I dont know any of the pubs so you will just have to wander into as many as you can Friday night looking for good pints and good darts in that order.

• Advertisement
Advertisement