Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback Mega Deal Offers

• 31-01-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Most of the Pigback Deals I get emailed about are never genuine discounts, the price has always been jacked up or made up.

Look at todays Mega Deal for Jglass pendants reduced from 29-95 to 10 euro. Those pendants have sold on the Jglass website for 10 euro all along and have been jacked up to 29-95 for the promotion. (I know this as I viewed the site recently, as the Business was for sale and they had an ad on DoneDeal)

Surely Pigsback should not be endorsing the misleading of the customer, a deal on offer should be a genuine discount, no more, no less, not some made up prices to mislead people.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

I noticed the same booking flights with aer lingus . I got them for 99€ to london and checked pigsback they were 109€ with 1000 piggy points thats not a deal thats an extra tenner for 1000 pig points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

That's going to be the downfall of these deal sites.

The problem is they insist that you give a minimum 50% discount - so you have to create a false price or a rrp.

e.g. if it was deo they were offering, the deal would go something like this.

12 cans of Joe Blogs Doe for €15 - saving 55% off rrp.

Now the rrp of the deo may be 3.19, but what you receive is 6 x buy one get one free twin packs which correctly have a retail value of 6.38 each but in reality could be bought for 3.19 in any retail store.

If they allowed savings of 35% / 40%, I'd say they'd get a more honest offer and better response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Re pigsback. Its the same with the handbag sets. they are on the internet site for the same price, No discount, The mega deals are a joke, I bought a mega deal voucher and the code was invalid when I tried to use it . It took months to get sorted., Now my daughter has the same problem and its not fixed since September, She is furious and the good is gone out of pigsback for all of us.What is the advantage of buying a megadeal voucher, you can then only buy an item for that exact price ie 20 euro or 40 euro, why not just keep the points and use them when u see an offer you like,
    The site is the worst out there now, groupon, boards, etc are much better and genuine offers.

The whole pigsback site is a joke, The offers mostly offer no discount at all, The hotels can be got at the prices shown on the internet without pigsback. The mbna credit card offers are now gone, The call cards are gone, and if u say anything negative on their facebook site they block you from posting on the wall, thats why all the posts are positive, they have the rest blocked, freedom of speech?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

Thanks for letting me know, was just about to buy one of these pendants :)

A complete rip off as is every deal I bought, I have a mega deal voucher I cannot use as the code is invalid and the help desk reply asking my e mail adddress and lots of delaying tactics, then the offer is expired and they say sorry a simulare deal will be along shortly, I am so angry with pigsback. Now my daughter has the same problem and no reply in a week and blocked off their facebook pigsback.com site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

Similar problems as other people with Pigsback and found them out for their so called bargain offers. Just one more nose in the trough that takes value away from both buyers and sellers. I have sent their repeated 'deals' on the pig's back straight to my Spam folder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Pigsback was excellent a few years back when you could get loads of points on your credit card and spend them on line for decent vouchers, topup credits and other day to day useful stuff.

Then they halfed the points on the CC and raised the points on all the useful stuff, no problem I said sure its still "free" stuff.

Then they stopped doing all the useful stuff and they are out of stock of vouchers --- how can you be out of stock of vouchers??

Now the CC points are gone and basically if you dont live in dublin all the vouchers are no good to you. im clearing my points and opting out and ill be changing my CC.

Pity really, good site gone bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Pigsback's been a waste of space since they ditched phone-credit, and I can see no incentive for anyone trying to accumulate points, because there's not a lot you can do with them once you get them. If they want to survive, they'll have to come up with something 100 times better than they've got on the table now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 muffles6012

Dealt with pigsback today for the 2nd time and was just taken aback by their unprofessional attitude. So i have pretty much decided that i won't be dealing with them again. Definitely gone downhill. Maybe they are getting complaint after complaint and just dont care anymore. Either way, they should be doing their utmost to keep customers not scare them away!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Sure I saw a deal last week. Bicycle lights €9 down from €22

Just last week I bought the EXACT same lights in dealz in blanch for €1.50 each

They were identical, no different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i was in a hardware shop a few days ago, and like you had bought a light in dealz for the 1.49, then while in the hardware store i saw the exact light selling for 10.99. it is one of these stores that we have one in every county, i also saw the exact same light in my local store for 5.99, how can they justify these prices, when i can get same for 1.49

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

That's a good deal.
    I paid €3. http://www.buyincoins.com/details/power-beam-led-safety-warning-flashing-bike-bicycle-flashlight-light-lamp-headlight-torch-01-product-384.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

snubbleste wrote: »

Off topic: I bought half a dozen USB charger plugs from that bunch, and not one of them worked. They did offer me a 50% refund though.:mad:

My first and last purchase from Buyincoins.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

snubbleste wrote: »

I paid €1.50 per light so €3 front and back so it's the same really

Something needs to be done about the sheer amount of these 'deal' sites popping up everywhere. People are being conned into thinking they're getting a great deal when they really aren't. They end up paying more sometimes

The deal company selling those lights for €9 are probably dropshipping from some chinese shop and making fortune fleecing people

Pigsback ditched the phone top up.
    Then they stopped giving 1 point for every euro spent on MBNA after people changing their credit card.
    Then they ditched the megadeals.
    Now no matter how many points you have ie 5,000 you can only spend a max of 20% on a deal ie 1000 points. So if u buy a deal for 50 euro and previously gave your 5000 points, now you give 1000 and pay 40 euro via your credit card.
    On the facebook site there are heaps of complaints about this, Pigsback have a dismissive attitude and say thats it from now on we wont be changing back,.
    What a mess up,. So many disappointed people that logged in every week collecting the points to
    get a deal.
    Why do the advertisers keep using them.
    Anyone else have this issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Thank you for redirecting me, I see I am not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭countrynosebag

Thank you all for tip because we do get some shopping from the net now and I still feel wary about something not tangible to me. To get bargains is a temptation because many of us are struggling but then to feel "ripped off" is a real problem. Many cannot keep 're-saving for same item. I often think of the nuisance of it but do feel more secure buying something I can see and touch and can take back if things do not work properly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement