Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kenny acts like an eejit-Adams

124»

Comments

donvito99 wrote: »
    The people of Louth who voted for Adams are the eejits.

I'm from Louth and voted for FG, that is the only thing wrong with your post though.

Just read a few of the posts there, normally when I read every post my own thoughts get diluted and muddled by the time I get to writing my own reply. Forgive me if some of these points have been mentioned already.

The images of Kenny being mobbed by the various EU heads makes me think of the anecdote of a group of friends. One of the lads is still a virgin and the rest of them take him to a brothel to finally score. Then when he stumbles back out of the bedroom after doing the deed the lads all grab him and hurray hurray etc. ensues.

Another thing it reminds me off is a footballer scoring a vital goal in a match. So what has our Enda 'scored' for Sarkozsy and co.? It wasn't so long ago that they were at loggerheads mainly because of our defiance. If a picture speaks 1000 words, then 10 seconds of footage at 28 frames per second, well that's maths no one can do!:D But these images to me are shocking, what has Enda promised them or already given them that has got them so hot for him?

Calling the Taoiseach an eejit during a live session of the Dáil mightn't have been the way to go, but someone had to call him up on it. I may not have wanted the likes of Gerry and So-Joe in the Dáil in the first place, but was absolutely joyed to hear the soundbites on the radio news this evening. In fairness to Enda he was well prepared for Gerry, no hard task I know.

I'm quite sick, I bought all the bull****, I believed in my vote. While there's no doubt that FG/Lab inherited a big bowl of shíte from the previous government, they have totally flipped their policies and promises in many areas. And no doubt this is because they aren't permitted to enact these policies or even run the country as they intended to before they got into government. If there was further proof needed in the debate that we are now puppets of Europe's Elite, I'd like to submit the aforementioned video footage as evidence. The future is scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Stinicker wrote: »
    We don't agree on much Keith but Kenny's response was excellent I must say.
    It was ridiculously obvious is what it was. Completely void of any wit which suits EK right down to the ground. I'm no great fan of GA but it seems the only arguments Kenny has is to highlight the past misgivings of his opposition in order to cover his current failings.

Yes Gerry Adams was involved in violent acts and yes FF put the country in the shítter but can we all just grow the **** up, stop crying over spilled milk and get on with fixing this mess at present???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Freddie59 wrote: »
    I'm sure the same could be said about Unionist terrorists.
    Come come now. You do mean Unionist terrorists/British Army. It beats me why Irish politicians/journalists refer to Sinn Fein/IRA without saying Unionists/British Army. Sleeveens like Myers or that double-barrelled twattess down in Kerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Spread wrote: »
    Come come now. You do mean Unionist terrorists/British Army. It beats me why Irish politicians/journalists refer to Sinn Fein/IRA without saying Unionists/British Army. Sleeveens like Myers or that double-barrelled twattess down in Kerry
    Sinn Féin is the political wing of the IRA.
    Unionist terrorists were not/are not a division of the British Army. There was some collusion between the two and that sucks - but it's silly to suggest it's the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Gerry Adams is a legend. If anyone can't understand that some people need to die; like those brits flaunting it here in desert fatigues.. Well I have one 9mm pizza to go

Mod note: user banned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Sinn Féin is the political wing of the IRA.
    Unionist terrorists were not/are not a division of the British Army. There was some collusion between the two and that sucks - but it's silly to suggest it's the same thing.

Silly? Eh? This would be the first time that the British government let down the local auxilaries. Remember divide and conquer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Sarkozy just did what anyone would do to a pathetic rogue. Kenny, Ahern, Martin, Varadker, all cut form the same dirty rag. The gesture is an indication of a sheer lack of credibility. He's a scamp, does what he's told by folks who dont give a sh*t about us and who are well aware of just how pathetic he is. More pandering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3vEOSkk5AM

Its the same ol' weak bullsh*t year in year out. Where do we get them from??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The-Rigger wrote: »
    It's embarrassing to be from this country.
    No respected politician would get a tickle behind the ear like a friendly dumb dog or a slap around the head like the class dunce, let alone lap it up, what a complete and utter tool.

Between this and his 'people went mhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad' statement, he is playing up to stereotypes that we are a bunch of gobshites.

Indeed, he was like a little fúckwit overcome with joy just becasue his Master had acknowledged his existence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭NakedNNettles

Find that really embarrassing as as Irish person, Kenny should have stuck him in a headlock, pint sized prick that he his (Sarcozy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Nice Noreen. Want to talk about my username or tell me what your opinion is on a man who ordered the murder of innocent people thinking he can have a go at our Taoiseach who is basically cleaning up the mess left by Bertie Ahern & co. Or is that beyond you?

How convenient. You neglected to mention that I took issue with your comment
    people in council estates who know nothing about anything

Since you are banned, unfortunately I'm unlikely to get receive any answers on why someone of your superior intellect:rolleyes: would assume that it's even remotely acceptable to make such a generalisation?

Back on topic:

I have to question why Sarkosy (buffoon though he may be!) would feel that it is acceptable to treat Enda Kenny in such a disparaging manner.
    Then I have to question why Enda Kenny allowed it?

Certainly, neither Merkel nor any of the other European leaders would tolerate it. Hell. I wouldn't tolerate it in a business meeting, never mind on the world stage.

Since Enda not only tolerated it, but even smiled in the face of such condescension - I can only assume that Sarkosy has managed to make Enda his lapdog, and they both know it.
    Unfortunately for Enda, the rest of us know it, too.

I cant recall ever posting in 100% support of Gerry Adams before, but on this occasion, he was absolutely right.
    Enda Kenny did indeed act the fool, and it was cringeworthy.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Is Sarkozy really that small to act in such a mann...

Never mind..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Sinn Féin is were the political wing of the IRA.

FYP.
    Are we all forgetting that the IRA have been disbanded?
    Forget the past, look to the future folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Adams' background is worse than shadowy, but that is a complete non-sequitor wrt this. Of the many criticisms I might have of Adams, I dont think many people would try to ruffle his head or baby him. Sarkozy's position wrt Ireland and the EU in general is one that ought to be treated with reservation and skepticism at the absolute minimum. Letting him put his hands on you like that is allowing him to express dominance over you. Grinning and hunching down is a submissive reaction to it. There's no expression of good wishes. An expression of delight in being allowed to play the big man, and a servile cringing grin in response is all I see. So yeah he was acting like an eejit. That is exactly what he was doing.

also:

"Everybody who attends is quite entitled to give good wishes to whomever they meet there."

ffs enda

ya, he's like a young fella making his communion lookin for some playtime with his favorite uncle. I mean the man is supposed to be a mature adult for heaven's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

No i'd prefer if everyone voted and all took an interest in the affairs of our country. That aint the case though is it? And Sinn Fein know that hence their very focussed canvassing.
    Call me a snob all you like. The people who vote for Sinn Fein are those who protested against the opening of Croke Park to soccer and rugby while wearing Celtic jerseys. Morons.
    If you paid attention to what is going on in the world and were basically evolved as a human being, how in the name of christ could you vote for Sinn Fein and their simplistic non-policies?

that would all depend on what news feed your are looking at, now wouldn't it. you seem a little confused overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I wonder what Adams would have done if Sarkosy walked up to him and ruffled his hair or better yet his beard. Would he give him a piece of his mind?

Although if you ask me Sarkosy was actually patting Kenny on the head for being a good boy. Maybe a few seconds after, we might have seen Sarkosy give him a doggy treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 abbba

No i'd prefer if everyone voted and all took an interest in the affairs of our country. That aint the case though is it? And Sinn Fein know that hence their very focussed canvassing.
    Call me a snob all you like. The people who vote for Sinn Fein are those who protested against the opening of Croke Park to soccer and rugby while wearing Celtic jerseys. Morons.
    If you paid attention to what is going on in the world and were basically evolved as a human being, how in the name of christ could you vote for Sinn Fein and their simplistic non-policies?

Pearse Doherty received 33% of the first preference votes in Donegal South West in GE 2011, It was the second highest proportion of first preferences votes received by any candidate in the Election (Second only to Martin Heydon, Kildare South, who received 33.3% FPV)
    So by your logic 33% of Donegal South West voters are council house dwelling, un-evolved, Celtic jersey wearing morons. :rolleyes:

Gerry Adams topped the poll in Louth and got elected on first count with 15,072 first preference votes. (More celtic jersey wearing morons eh?:rolleyes:) , You could argue that Sinn Fein could have split their vote in Louth and won a second seat, taking the final seat off Peter Fitzpatrick, something I think they'll aim for in 2016.

Gerry Adams' past in this instance is irrelevant and it was a pathetic attempt by Enda Kenny to divert the issue that he has yet again embarrassed himself and the Irish people on the world stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

abbba wrote: »
    Pearse Doherty received 33% of the first preference votes in Donegal South West in GE 2011, It was the second highest proportion of first preferences votes received by any candidate in the Election (Second only to Martin Heydon, Kildare South, who received 33.3% FPV)
    So by your logic 33% of Donegal South West voters are council house dwelling, un-evolved, Celtic jersey wearing morons. :rolleyes:

Gerry Adams topped the poll in Louth and got elected on first count with 15,072 first preference votes. (More celtic jersey wearing morons eh?:rolleyes:) , You could argue that Sinn Fein could have split their vote in Louth and won a second seat, taking the final seat off Peter Fitzpatrick, something I think they'll aim for in 2016.

Gerry Adams' past in this instance is irrelevant and it was a pathetic attempt by Enda Kenny to divert the issue that he has yet again embarrassed himself and the Irish people on the world stage!

That's politics, your past will get dragged up. Kenny's comments on property tax in 1994 get dragged up, so will Adams' past.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Yes. Fianna Fail

BANKS AND THEIR 'BONDHOLDERS'.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Body language expert reveals "Kenny felt under attack" by "ultimate power posturer".
    http://www.herald.ie/news/photos-reveal-enda-feels-under-attack-by-sarko-body-language-gurus-3006011.html

Stand the fcuk up for your country Edna:mad:

Body language expert reveals "Kenny felt under attack" by "ultimate power posturer".
    http://www.herald.ie/news/photos-reveal-enda-feels-under-attack-by-sarko-body-language-gurus-3006011.html

Body language experts my arse. It could simply have been Sarkosy joking around with Enda, as it looks. I don't think it's a power posturer at all. More that Sarkosy was messing. They make it sound as if Enda was on his hands an knees kissing Sarkosys feet. I was joking around earlier, but I think some people are overreacting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Body language experts my arse. It could simply have been Sarkosy joking around with Enda, as it looks. I don't think it's a power posturer at all. More that Sarkosy was messing. They make it sound as if Enda was on his hands an knees kissing Sarkosys feet. I was joking around earlier, but I think some people are overreacting.

I wonder why? Being called "mad" and "greedy" might be a contributory factor. Especially when they had said the bondholders wouldn't get another 'red cent'.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭greimorm

Enda's rant was embarrassing to say the least.God help Ireland with these gombeens at the helm.

It looked more to me like good dog for begging for your treat and doing what your masters told you to do.

That ship has sailed a long time ago,actually he wasnt even on that ship,nor did he plan on getting on it ever.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

K-9 wrote: »
    That's politics, your past will get dragged up. Kenny's comments on property tax in 1994 get dragged up, so will Adams' past.
    Imagine having Gerry Adams rant about you being an eejit and not bringing up his past. Enda Kenny would have been a bigger eejit if he didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

greimorm wrote: »
    That ship has sailed a long time ago,actually he wasnt even on that ship nor didnt he plan on getting on it ever.:D
    Its a sad fact but you"re right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,641 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ah Enda wasn't kissing his feet. He wasn't down quite that far but he was kissing something i'm sure, the wee lapdog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

He would have to view himself as the powerful one in that relationship to even try that. He would not have done the same to Obama. Its OK with little Irish Enda though.

First initial feeling when seeing something is usually right one.
    So everyone what was your first initial feeling (Mine was cringe)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

donvito99 wrote: »
    The people of Louth who voted for Adams are the eejits.
    And the people that voted in Bertie's FFs governments are the prized eejits....;)

greimorm wrote: »
    It looked more to me like good dog for begging for your treat and doing what your masters told you to do.

That's the joke I made earlier on :D
    Ah Enda wasn't kissing his feet. He wasn't down quite that far but he was kissing something i'm sure, the wee lapdog.

Yeah most Irish politicians do kiss a lot of ass when it comes to foreign leaders. But I still think this is overstreching.
    woodoo wrote: »
    He would have to view himself as the powerful one in that relationship to even try that. He would not have done the same to Obama. Its OK with little Irish Enda though.

You have a point about that, I guess. But other foreign leaders have done the same to each other. Like Silvio Berlusconi making Angela Merkel wait on him while he took a phonecall. Does he view himself as the more powerful one in that relationship?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I wonder would Kenny have the balls to tell Adams "last time there was a recession down here, your ilk was blowing the crap out of each other up north"...?

=-=

Or do we only care about the history of Enda, and not of Gerry? Me left bollix. Selective history can go to hell. If you want the answers, be prepared to be asked questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 mandate

Agricola wrote: »
    I don't know why Gerry Adams opens his mouth in the Dail. The first thing that will be thrown back at him will be his past. They should just let that angry young fella from Donegal do all the talking.

you might not have seen this, angry guy at his angriest here

would like to see him in Europe sometime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Stinicker wrote: »
    We don't agree on much Keith but Kenny's response was excellent I must say.
    It was ridiculously obvious is what it was. Completely void of any wit which suits EK right down to the ground.

Assuming you mean "devoid", since when are we electing comedians ? Do you criticise a Garda in a court witness box for not having snappy one-liners, or do you simply want him to do his job and tell the truth ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

the_syco wrote: »
    I wonder would Kenny have the balls to tell Adams "last time there was a recession down here, your ilk was blowing the crap out of each other up north"...?

=-=

Or do we only care about the history of Enda, and not of Gerry? Me left bollix. Selective history can go to hell. If you want the answers, be prepared to be asked questions.

It's rather telling how Adams and Shinners are sensitive to their past but very quick to point to FF/FG's past! As SF get more popular and are seen as a threat FF/FG, they will more and more bring up their past, the McGuinness campaign a perfect example.

It works, no matter the rights or wrongs of it. That's politics.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

That's the joke I made earlier on :D

LOL it was my first thoughts all i felt and cringed i saw in those seconds :D
    mandate wrote: »
    you might not have seen this, angry guy at his angriest here

would like to see him in Europe sometime
    God that man is excellent,the voice of Ireland he needs to win.Bravo Pearse :cool:

lol Brilliant so true.

Advertisement