Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4player Local games ?

Options
  • 31-01-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

What are the best available games for a 4player local on 1 console.
    We were all in the other night having beers and aside from Fifa and COD4 we couldn't find a decent one.

Most FPS these days are 1-2 max, if you want 4 its system link or online.

Even if you can reccomend Arcade games, we did play some Castle Crasher, and Worms, but outside of them it was hard to find any decent ones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Rayman is fantastic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Zombie Apocalypse was good fun in 4 player (XBLA) when I played it,

I was going to suggest borderlands but that has to be system linked for 4 players.

+1 for Rayman also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Is there anything like where it's FFA on the same screen,
    The likes of Smash Bros, or Poy Poy ?

Or are there any racing kart games ? Like Crash Team Racing, or Speed Freaks ?
    Micro Machines....that would be amazing for Xbox Arcade ! :(

Even International Track & Field would do :D

I think I'll just have to re-purchase a PS1 and get all those titles again...what a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Battle mode in Super Mario Bros. 3, you should find it on the free cart with your SNES if you still have it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Oh! Scott Pilgrim Vs the World,
    Fantastic old school scrolling beat em'up

Bomberman too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Any of the Halo titles, which are absolutely awesome in multiplayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

+1 on the Halo games, up to four players even online, great craic especially Halo 3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Sorry, I clearly posted this in the Xbox forum, as I was specifically wanting an Xbox 360/arcade title.

I dont need any PS3 reccomendations ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Sorry, I clearly posted this in the Xbox forum, as I was specifically wanting an Xbox 360/arcade title.

I dont need any PS3 reccomendations ;)

Looks like you post got moved :)

Bomberman is a great local multiplayer game.
    Track and Field is two player only and single player for half of it. But still great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Castle Crashers \o/ (finish it! and then do extreme)

Blur is an amazing racing game

N+ (can't remember if 4 player but you can punish whoever dies by making them pass the pad / stay on...whichever is more punishing!)

Splosion Man & Ms Splosion Man

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 SpottyWetWang

Sega all star racing, it is pretty much Mario cart for the Xbox and is great fun. Also Goldeneye reloaded, the single player doesn't seem that good so far but the 4 player split screen is great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Small Arms is something similar to Super Smash Bros with local 4 player, and is supposed to be decent, havent played it much myself. I think its 400pts on xbla

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm pretty sure Halo Reach has 4 player co-op. I'd go for that, I'm not a big fan of the Halo series but I really enjoyed Reach.

I'd also second Scott Pilgrim, far better than Castle Crashers which I found boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Rayman Origins is fantastic, also Scott Pilgrim vs the World, X-men Arcade (6 players)

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

The closest thing in spirit to Smash Bros on the 360 I've found is the WWE All Stars game. It's a heavily stylized take on wrestling, with plenty of OTT finishers and a decent battle system that's relatively easy to pickup and play. Plus it has numerous 4-player modes. Had a go of it the other night avec Beers & Chums along with FIFA, Sega Racing and some others. Most fun was had with that, and I'm no WWE fan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Advertisement