Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Please

Options
  • 31-01-2012 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Im currently recieving BTEA for a PLC course i started in september ive decided this course wasnt for me and havent been back since xmas. i want to apply to university for this september. will i still get my btea for college in sept. if i notify dole office that ive left the plc course? please help guys i dont know what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

cbarman wrote: »
    Im currently recieving BTEA for a PLC course i started in september ive decided this course wasnt for me and havent been back since xmas. i want to apply to university for this september. will i still get my btea for college in sept. if i notify dole office that ive left the plc course? please help guys i dont know what to do?

Ok. If it was me I'd tell the dole office that the course didn't work out and go back onto Jobseekers. As long as you meet the entry requirements for BTEA in Sept 2012 you may get it. If you don't tell DSP soon that you left the course they can deny it to you for another course. BTEA isn't a statutory payment which means it can be awarded and denied at the discretion of DSP. You will probably need to get a letter from the PLC college saying when you left and if you received more on BTEA for the period between leaving the course and the day you tell DSP than you would have on Jobseekers then you may have to refund it.

Don't worry too much. If you are upfront about leaving the course with DSP it shouldn't be held against you in the future.

Advertisement