Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendations for a Good PTZ CCTV Camera

• 31-01-2012 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi Everyone,

Looking to add additional externally mounted PTZ camera to system. For a yard area overlooking dwelling.
    Has anyone got any recommendations from current use. I would be looking at res over 600TVL to IP, with good optical zoom (if I could stretch budget), however current set up is 600TVL cams to DVR.
    This cam could slew to fixed cams if alarm zone detect motion inside the fixed cams. Remote access would be a must. I have checked all the ususally recommended supplier websites IRE/UK website based. Looking for some "horses-mouth" feedback.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi Everyone,

Looking to add additional externally mounted PTZ camera to system. For a yard area overlooking dwelling.
    Has anyone got any recommendations from current use. I would be looking at res over 600TVL to IP, with good optical zoom (if I could stretch budget), however current set up is 600TVL cams to DVR.
    This cam could slew to fixed cams if alarm zone detect motion inside the fixed cams. Remote access would be a must. I have checked all the ususally recommended supplier websites IRE/UK website based. Looking for some "horses-mouth" feedback.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Whats the budget you have in mind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Unless there is an operator controlling the PTZ 24/7 their use is limited.
    Unless you have some detectors and presets set up properly I would probably advise that you install extra fixed cameras
    Or Megapixel

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Msmaloney26

The cameras will be at times linked to monitoring company. Also for remote access I want more "freedom" than just covering specific target areas set in fixed cam setup.

Budget, I am open to recommendations for a good system once it does what I want and it's not in silly price territory.

Advertisement