Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcoholic Gastritis

Options
  • 31-01-2012 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm just wondering does anybody else suffer from this? For the past few months anytime I drink alcohol I get the most horrific stomach pain for the next few days. I got acid tablets from the doctor but even they don't work. I think I might have to give up alcohol completely :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kod191

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Hi I'm just wondering does anybody else suffer from this? For the past few months anytime I drink alcohol I get the most horrific stomach pain for the next few days. I got acid tablets from the doctor but even they don't work. I think I might have to give up alcohol completely :(

You are not alone. I have been the exact same for the past 4 years! However, alcohol is one of very many triggers for me. I have yet to find an answer as the doctors in Ireland tend to just say "here's some tablets. Take them for a week. You'll be back to normal soon" and send you home without a second thought.
    It is incredibly frustrating. I wish you all the luck and hope you find a solution soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

kod191 wrote: »
    You are not alone. I have been the exact same for the past 4 years! However, alcohol is one of very many triggers for me. I have yet to find an answer as the doctors in Ireland tend to just say "here's some tablets. Take them for a week. You'll be back to normal soon" and send you home without a second thought.
    It is incredibly frustrating. I wish you all the luck and hope you find a solution soon!

Thanks for your reply I'm only seeing it now. I had a cyst on my ovary removed last April and for some reason I never got gastritis again! Now I don't see how the 2 are related maybe it was just my stomach healed or something. I also found Pantoprazole gave me some relief if I took them before drinking. I wish you all the luck in the world too I know how painful it is :(

Ziggy

Advertisement