Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tedder v swart conditioner

• 31-01-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I have a fransguard sv250 which has d ability to turn one swart at a time. This can be slow but extremely handy at d same time as you dont need to spread the grass out and row up after. As diesel is expensive and it takes such a long time to turn a field i was thinking of maybe trading or buying a 4 or 6 row tedder. My only problem is i dont no wich would be d best machineshould i stay as i am or change. My contractor doent use a rake and bales with a fusion :/ i turn roughly 120+ acres a year and sometimes end up turning for hay and straw.

Please comment and give ur ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Drawinhard!!

Any refrences to d best machine?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johndeere_6920

I have a fransguard sv250 which has d ability to turn one swart at a time. This can be slow but extremely handy at d same time as you dont need to spread the grass out and row up after. As diesel is expensive and it takes such a long time to turn a field i was thinking of maybe trading or buying a 4 or 6 row tedder. My only problem is i dont no wich would be d best machineshould i stay as i am or change. My contractor doent use a rake and bales with a fusion :/ i turn roughly 120+ acres a year and sometimes end up turning for hay and straw.

Please comment and give ur ideas

If i was to choose i would go for the tedder as that will toss it and turn it evenly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭iano93

We do cut with a 5ft6 mower and its gets the job done but its fairly slow to say the least, we use a haybob but find the quality of the rows in structure and quantity of grass in a row it is not ideal. What width is your average tedder/rake?
    What size swarths do ye bale? Some bale 20fts if its dry and the rest just bale the 10ft swarths?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johndeere_6920

iano93 wrote: »
    We do cut with a 5ft6 mower and its gets the job done but its fairly slow to say the least, we use a haybob but find the quality of the rows in structure and quantity of grass in a row it is not ideal. What width is your average tedder/rake?
    What size swarths do ye bale? Some bale 20fts if its dry and the rest just bale the 10ft swarths?

we have a 9ft krone that has no conditioner and just throws it out flat we use a haybob but iv seen a few tedders working and they would leave the haybob to dust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

While we're at it, what's the best implement for tossing rows cut for a SPH? I'm talking swathes with 20 -30 ft of grass; might try tossing the swathes a bit this year to see if quality improves - the contractor would probably shake them out and gather them again with a rake but it adds to the expense and time overhead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Drawinhard!!

Anybody here running a lely lotus 600 combi or 675 wat are they like

Might change for d summer:')

Advertisement