Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player

Options
  • 31-01-2012 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Im moving to Australia shortly. I recently got the RTE player app on my iPhone. Its very good. Will I be able to watch this over in Australia or is it only availabe in Ireland?

Actually what about skygo? is that available over there?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

IIRC the RTE Player app should serve you the international version of RTE Player, so you'll get a more limited library but will still be able to access content.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

IIRC the RTE Player app should serve you the international version of RTE Player, so you'll get a more limited library but will still be able to access content.

Yeah you will get most (all?) home produced content (ie primetime, news, hardy bucks, republic of telly, etc etc) but won't get any over seas content (home and away, desperate housewives) or any sport (gaa, soccer, rubgy)

You can get a vpn sever and watch all the content that way. Its like 8 euro a month and well worth it! overplay is the server I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Op as Aidan_Walsh says you will be able to get International RTE player. It includes only content produced by rte like the news,Nationwide etc ....but you probably won't want to watch home and away over there anyway. Everything else will be available on other apps. You can also pay for an Irish VPN service if you want and you'll be able to view the full rte player app.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭richiee

Thanks everyone..
    Whats this app you mentioned I can subscribe to tho? VPN service... can anyone explain more about that to me?

I imagine all I`ll want to watch is the home made stuff, just to keep in touch with whats going on... The RTE player here is a brilliant app for catching up on stuff...

Advertisement