Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pencil skirts

• 31-01-2012 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Has anyone seen any nice ones in the high street shops recently?

I'm looking to buy a fitted black one to wear out with various tops...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

some nice ones in river island but if you are a squirt like me they wont suit. :(

615400_main?$CrossSellProductPage200$616697_main?$CrossSellProductPage200$615317_main?$CrossSellProductPage200$&layer=1&sizeN=0.232,0.227&src=c20111229-ri-loves-white&posN=-0.384,0.382

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dandelionmind

I'm 5'4, so I'm not sure if that constitutes being a squirt or not :pac:

Probably!

I'll go in and try them on anyway, can't hurt!

Topshop had one today, but the sizing was awful and it just didn't sit right.

If anyone has spotted some elsewhere, feel free to share :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    some nice ones in river island but if you are a squirt like me they wont suit. :(

I'm a squirt too :) and I've gotten a few that suit in Ben de Lisis little peoples collection in debenhams.
    Not sure if they have any at the moment but worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

Mary-Ellen wrote: »
    I'm a squirt too :) and I've gotten a few that suit in Ben de Lisis little peoples collection in debenhams.
    Not sure if they have any at the moment but worth a look

Jesus, is that actually what they call it??

OP, today I'm sporting a black pencil skirt from A-wear. I got it a few months ago but it's a little too short for my liking so it might be perfect on you - I'm 5'8. Worth a look online anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Got a lovely black one in Debenhams for work recently. Also got a gorgeous one last week from John Lewis reduced to half price, they can be a bit pricey in general but the clothes are to die for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

i got one in forever 21 last week. fit really well on the hips (i often find tight skirts awkward fitting) and it has just the right amount of stretch to it so it's really comfy. i got it in the "dressy" section on the first (not ground) floor, to the left of the checkout. they had a few different styles too.

now i just need to find some tops for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Pencil skirts are lovely, if you've got the figure for them go for it! Saddly, I don't anymore :(

A word of warning from our olders and betters: Back in the late '70s pencil skirts matched with high heeled lace-ups were in. My cousin, who was about 18 at the time, got herself a lovely black satin effect one (it was the 70's, remember) and teamed it up with her fishnets and high heels and off she teetered to her night out feeling very glam.

She had to hoist up her skirt a bit to get on the bus, but she got over that. The issues arose when having to get off. She didn't have enough leg room in the skirt to get of the bus so had to stand sideways and tilt out and let herself fall off the bus in order to get off.

Moral of the story girls: stretchy material only unlesss you are going to be sitting all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

haha that's awful!!

i wouldnt have an amazing figure (and never ever wear heels, which i know look better with them) but I always thought of pencil skirts as one of those pieces that are just inherently flattering.

i usually wear dresses everyday but I'm moving to South Korea to teach and think most of my dresses are a bit on the short side, so figured a couple nice pencil skirts would be more profesh. but now I need to find tops that arent super baggy but also arent clingy around the stomach area (hate).

Advertisement