Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Society start up

• 31-01-2012 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone here knows what the deal is with giving E100 with the application for a new society?

Is this just a measure to discourage joke applications, which gets returned after the decision has been made or does it get swallowed into a big black hole never to be seen again?! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭samf

Think that was a measure a long time ago, not anymore, you just need a decent application and 100 signatures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pickaname

I was discussing it with someone a minute ago who had to put up the 100 with an application last year and didn't get it back even though the society wasn't approved!

It says it on this years proposal pack too :confused:

I just think thats quite a lot simply to put in an application! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭samf

To be honest I imagine thats a mistake in the proposal pack, im 99% sure its no longer required. I started a society up a few yrs back and didnt pay a penny. Whoever supposedly paid that last year should report who they paid it to to the accommodation office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pickaname

I will definitely pass that on! thank you!

Advertisement