Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia c3-01 Meteor

Options
  • 31-01-2012 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought the Nokia c3-01 from meteor lately? I see it on the Meteor website from free to 60 yoyo. Yes its on phones online for 130 and else where on meteor site for same 130 yoyo. Anyone got an idea of how much it really is? Is 60 the max or is it 130?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Do not bother - even if they pay you to have it :D

I bought mine under a new 12-month contract with Meteor last October.

The touch screen is difficult to use, it jumps when you touch it so what you're looking for can take a few attempts to activate. I thought I would get used to it, but just couldn't. I kept selecting wrong contacts and almost sending texts to wrong people (and I'm not technologically illiterate!). Even the buttons are slow to activate, meaning there is delay in texting and making and answering calls.

The memory on this phone is very low. I paid an extra €15 to get extra memory installed into it, but I could find no instructions or figure out how to transfer photos onto the memory card. I could only store 15 photos and 5 songs.

I did not use data on this phone so I cannot comment on it.

However, this phone has one redeeming feature - a good torch for when I walked the dog at night!

After 4 months of constantly wanting to throw this phone at a wall, I had to admit defeat and trade it in. I got myself a Sony Ericsson Xperia and it's much more user friendly - and a huge load of my mind!

I cannot believe I put up with this phone for so long - I will NEVER buy Nokia again!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

I got the phone and paid 30 quid for it on the 18 month contract with meteor. I think its a great little phone no hassle with it at all. The phone memory is not bad at over 160 mb but it does need external memory to hold more than 32 songs at 5mb each. I got external micro SD 8gb for 11 euro from the UK.

The touch screen is sensitive alright but it also depends on the settings you have on the phone. I used to have a similar type handset also from nokia and this one has more or less same layout with a few more additions. I can honestly say I think its a fantastic little phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Anyone having battery issues with this phone?

I find mine needs recharging almost daily, just me or is this a common problem with the handset?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

Niles wrote: »
    Anyone having battery issues with this phone?

I find mine needs recharging almost daily, just me or is this a common problem with the handset?

Not with mine. My lasts for 2 or 3 days and thats playing music alot of the time. Did you charge it properly from new? If you did maybe go for a new battery. Id advise don't go to ebay. I broke screen on mine and got it off ebay. Didnt work at all so had to order one from nokia only 30€ fitted. They won't order a part for your phone and let you fit it they have to fit it if they order.

Not with mine. My lasts for 2 or 3 days and thats playing music alot of the time. Did you charge it properly from new? If you did maybe go for a new battery. Id advise don't go to ebay. I broke screen on mine and got it off ebay. Didnt work at all so had to order one from nokia only 30€ fitted. They won't order a part for your phone and let you fit it they have to fit it if they order.

Now that you mention its first charge wasn't a full one... First I thought it was the music that was wearing it down but even days when I've just used it for texting it loses juice. Yeh might just go for a new battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

I got one as a present back in March...It's pay as you go.

No problems with it really....The touch screen works fine.

Only thing I found is that you can't download a whole lot of apps for it.

Other than that,,not a bother with it.

SexyGuy wrote: »
    I got one as a present back in March...It's pay as you go.

No problems with it really....The touch screen works fine.

Only thing I found is that you can't download a whole lot of apps for it.

Other than that,,not a bother with it.

Oh the phone itself is fine, quite satisfied with it. The battery seems to let i down.

Advertisement