Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a blow torch.

• 31-01-2012 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

I have recently moved to kilkenny and I am in need of a blow torch to do some soldering. I have checked out the local woodies to no avail.
    Does anyone know of anywhere in Kilkenny that would sell them?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    James

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

What type of soldering are you doing ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dm1388

it baffles me why people keep going to woodies to buy this kind of stuff, try heatmerchants or chadwicks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jt269

As I said I have only just moved from the UK so I don't know the other DIY stores yet.
    I am soldering some central heating pipe.
    I'll give Chadwicks a go.

Cheers for the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Rothenberger is probably the best, these are available from most plumbing/heating suppliers,I hav'nt bought one for a while as I'm retired, but I would estimate the cost is about €120.
    These are a very robust torch that give good service even when used and abused in general work and site conditions.
    B&Q did stock the exact same torch but under a different name, these were selling far cheaper than the ones with the Rothenberger name tag the last time I purchased one.
    B&Q gas bottles are a bit expensive so it's cheaper to get your refills at the plumbing suppliers, these last well as the torch has a built in igniter which means it's only burning when you're soldering, as people tend to leave the cheap torches running to avoid looking for matches etc. to relight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

aujopimur wrote: »
    Rothenberger is probably the best, these are available from most plumbing/heating suppliers,I hav'nt bought one for a while as I'm retired, but I would estimate the cost is about €120.
    These are a very robust torch that give good service even when used and abused in general work and site conditions.
    B&Q did stock the exact same torch but under a different name, these were selling far cheaper than the ones with the Rothenberger name tag the last time I purchased one.
    B&Q gas bottles are a bit expensive so it's cheaper to get your refills at the plumbing suppliers, these last well as the torch has a built in igniter which means it's only burning when you're soldering, as people tend to leave the cheap torches running to avoid looking for matches etc. to relight

The b&q ones your talking were great , i bought one about 6 years ago when my rothenberger one was stolen and its still going strong , think i paid about 60 euro for it

• Advertisement
Advertisement