Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yaesu FT101ZD

Options
  • 31-01-2012 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I have a Yaesu FT101ZD Mk3 in perfect working order. Does anyone have any idea how much it is worth to sell ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Around €200, I'd say, if that. I saw TS 530SP go on eBay recently for £120, and that's a far superior radio, IMO.
    I have a Yaesu FT101ZD Mk3 in perfect working order. Does anyone have any idea how much it is worth to sell ?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

gerryk wrote: »
    Around €200, I'd say, if that. I saw TS 530SP go on eBay recently for £120, and that's a far superior radio, IMO.

Someone got a nice radio there.

I seen an FT902DM going for over €900 on donedeal very recently - stupid crazy money.

Although I had one myself, loved the electronic keyer on it, but these days I wouldn't pay more than 150-200 max, and even a mint and serviced FT101ZD I'd be looking at a little less.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I'm on my 2nd FT101ZD a late MkIII. I paid about €220 about 3 years ago.

Depending on demand, condition etc anything between €80 and €250. The upper end it needs to ne "mint" with AM or FM option, narrow filter fitted and extra WARC bands.

You could try selling at the up coming Limerick Rally. You'd likely get more at a UK Rally.

The fact is to get a better 100W HF set you have to skip the earlier synth sets as they are really noisy. The 5.5MHz VFO + Crystals for band makes for low noise and good stability. You are looking at late 1990s sets to get same performance.

A new 100W HF set is of course €600 to €2000.

The 6146 are still obtainable (Chinese?) and cheaper than finals for an FT897 in the unlike event you hurt them.

The Plate and Loading tuning while slow for band hopping when contesting extends the range of an Ad hoc long wire and ATU/Aerial match box for "regular" listening. The adjustable drive with no ALC ironically makes it far more linear and easier to use for PSK31, RTTY, SSTV etc than most latter miltary sets and many later Amateur rigs. obviously in Data modes you run at a much lower power. But even commercial P.A. (not Ham) for Digital can be derated 10:1 for good Digital operation.

So it's impossible to say. But one of last & best non-synth VFO based Radios. The FT102 is inferior due to wrong kind of relays used as cost saving. Virtually every relay needs to be replaced with proper Industrial quality ones. A huge job. The FT902 is a similar but very much rarer and sought after set, so very overpriced. Really ought not to be worth more than €300

I'm on my 2nd FT101ZD a late MkIII. I paid about €220 about 3 years ago.

Depending on demand, condition etc anything between €80 and €250. The upper end it needs to ne "mint" with AM or FM option, narrow filter fitted and extra WARC bands.

You could try selling at the up coming Limerick Rally. You'd likely get more at a UK Rally.

The fact is to get a better 100W HF set you have to skip the earlier synth sets as they are really noisy. The 5.5MHz VFO + Crystals for band makes for low noise and good stability. You are looking at late 1990s sets to get same performance.

A new 100W HF set is of course €600 to €2000.

The 6146 are still obtainable (Chinese?) and cheaper than finals for an FT897 in the unlike event you hurt them.

The Plate and Loading tuning while slow for band hopping when contesting extends the range of an Ad hoc long wire and ATU/Aerial match box for "regular" listening. The adjustable drive with no ALC ironically makes it far more linear and easier to use for PSK31, RTTY, SSTV etc than most latter miltary sets and many later Amateur rigs. obviously in Data modes you run at a much lower power. But even commercial P.A. (not Ham) for Digital can be derated 10:1 for good Digital operation.

So it's impossible to say. But one of last & best non-synth VFO based Radios. The FT102 is inferior due to wrong kind of relays used as cost saving. Virtually every relay needs to be replaced with proper Industrial quality ones. A huge job. The FT902 is a similar but very much rarer and sought after set, so very overpriced. Really ought not to be worth more than €300

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tennisplayer

Many thanks to all for your replies. At that price it is not worth selling. It is a nice piece of equipment to have on the bench. I have 3 new sets of original valves, (driver and outputs ). Cheers

• Advertisement

I agree, if you are inclined to use it at all, it's not worth selling. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Hi,

Im in similar situation, I have an old FT7 "mobile" rig. Weighs a ton and its the 15w version so a whacking amount of rf power there.
    Was going to give it away to a mate, but we figured the postage from here would exceed the value of it. Now it stays on a shelf filling up space where books sit. Also agreed watty, the earlier synth rigs are horribly noisy and not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Memorys on the way out, so I apologise, but was there a Sommerkamp FT7B mobile rig a good few years ago??

Sommerkamp = German brand name for Yaesu

There are Sommerkamp branded versions of some of the FT101 series (possibly not the Z versions though).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

OldRio wrote: »
    Memorys on the way out, so I apologise, but was there a Sommerkamp FT7B mobile rig a good few years ago??

Yes that was a mobile unit amateur band rig, Remember the 26 to 28 MHz caffeewarmer Sommerkamp 100watt rig used on 27MHz a lot.
    Sommerkamp FT277Z/ ZD was same as Yaesu FT101Z/ZD, but the Sommerkamps had all the extras plus a portion of 27MHz band as standard. Sommerkamp were distributed from Belgium and Southern Relays in Bray were the main importer in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Advertisement