Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gareth bale the striker!

Options
  • 31-01-2012 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

gareth bale is world class

does anyone think he could be moulded into one of the worlds finest strikers ?

Does he not remind you of henry when he was on the wing in italy before wenger got him and turned him into a striker?

bale has pace, strength, unbelievable skill and power

he has been talking to the coaches about a more central role - when vdv went off tonight then he moved into that central role and look he was so dangerous every time he touched the ball

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The way he picked his spot for his second goal was the with the kind of technique some strikers can only dream for - he has a serious eye for goal.

I think he's better as an attacking midfielder though, imagine a world class striker to play off him though - fish in a barrel stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Said it here last week, "through the middle Bale has the potential to be far better than on the wing".

Tall and strong, its easier to grab a yard on a centre half than a full back. Just don't get too greedy..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Could be worth a shot to give him a run up there ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I said this in the transfer window thread. If Spurs bought Marin for the left, and stuck Bale in behind Adebayor, he'd be lethal. Marin is similar to Bale, maybe doesn't have the final killer ball, but can beat a man and get a cross in. I think that would work very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

He could be as great as the Brazilian Ronaldo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

YFlyer wrote: »
    He could be as great as the Brazilian Ronaldo.

Someone loves their glass half full !! As good as bale is I don't think he could be better then ronaldo, not many have and not many will !!

Advertisement