Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 858 volume issue

Options
  • 31-01-2012 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I have been having an issue with my Vodafone 858 handset for a while.

The issue is the call volume is too low, even though I have the in call volume set to max. If I'm not in a relatively quiet room when on a call, it is extremely difficult/impossible to hear the person at the other end. This problem only started a few weeks ago. It was a lot louder when I purchased the phone and used it for some time.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Or recommend somewhere to get it repaired? Thanks.

Edit: I'm not going deaf. My mother had me tested :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Could be hardware fault in the phone. Best thing is to return to the VF store you bought it, and they will send away for a repair. Once they dont find damage that you caused, like water etc it will be repaired free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Davy wrote: »
    Could be hardware fault in the phone. Best thing is to return to the VF store you bought it, and they will send away for a repair. Once they dont find damage that you caused, like water etc it will be repaired free of charge.

Never had any liquid spilled on it or a significant fall from a height.

I bought the handset via an offer on fatcheese which required me to buy a Tesco SIM card to avail of the offer as I was "changing provider". I'm using my original VF SIM in the handset. Will VF start giving me grief that I am using my original number or will they just repair it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Never had any liquid spilled on it or a significant fall from a height.

I bought the handset via an offer on fatcheese which required me to buy a Tesco SIM card to avail of the offer as I was "changing provider". I'm using my original VF SIM in the handset. Will VF start giving me grief that I am using my original number or will they just repair it?

No shouldn't be a problem. You bought it thru them and still have the receipt it doesnt matter

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

If it is within 2 years and has no visible signs of damage they won't give you hassle at all receipt or no. Obviously the guys in the store won't be able to tell you what's wrong bar guessing but they should send it off no hassle, even without receipt.

Advertisement