Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO- FETAC 5 or Mature Applicant

Options
  • 31-01-2012 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I realise this is all very 'eleventh hour'... but I'm rather confused. If applying to a DIT degree course in your late 20s through CAO based on FETAC level 5 results due this summer, is it also mandatory to apply as a 'Mature Applicant' or is that only optional?

Up to now I was under the impression that even though one may be over 23, if applying on the basis of a FETAC 5 award, it wasn't necessary to complete the mature fields, but now I'm not so sure. The handbook is only confusing me further at this stage. Does anyone have experience or thoughts?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

Okay personally I would tick both boxes. This is because most courses allow so many places for matures and there may be alot with FETAC results and ticking both allows more room and a better chance. So tick both boxes that is my advice and what I did maybe someone else has a diffrent opinion but I would do tick both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

If you tick both you are basically giving yourself two chances at an offer of a place, one as a FETAC applicant and one as a Mature Student.

If you do select Mature Student then you will need to follow the Mature Student application requirements including personal statement, etc.

Advertisement