Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RC Insurance

Options
  • 31-01-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey folks,

I run a 1/5 hpi baja. Myself and up to a dozen others usually meet about once a month in different areas of the country(usually east side) for a bit of fun. We've recently been given permission to use some farmland for setting up and area/track but we need to be covered by insurance. I wouldn't know where to start with something like this. I just want to know if any of you would be familiar with what I need to look for, companies, specific liabilities, etc. Any information is appreciated.

Jon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

I know from being on a committee for a r/c club years ago you would most likely need some kinda of public liability insurance as a minimum to cover anyone outside your members getting hurt. This wont cover the actual racers but the specators. Racer wise i am not sure could ask over the weekend when i am back at the track and get you some more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Altoid

Hi,

Check out www.nnn.ie - the Navan 1/8th scale racing club, there is a forum there, the guys that run the club should be able to help you with some answers if you contact them on the forum - or directly.

- Altoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Tiernan85

Thanks fella, I had emailed the fellas at NNN, they were very quick to respond. The fella told me expect about 70-100/month. Seems alot to me for a few rc's. We've been asking some other places for liability insurance costs. As a small group though, it's not looking too favourable for a bit of fun. I'll be contacting the RCCAOI to see what information they can provide me, if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

seems quite high 70-100. I suppose it depends on the cover but last year it was around 450 for one club i am in and 490 i think for the other for a years insurance

Advertisement