Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to delete Paddy Power account

Options
  • 31-01-2012 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have an online account with Paddy Power.

I would like to delete it but can't see this option anywhere.

Does anyone know how to go about deleting it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Live help, I deleted one before in a matter of minutes with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Cheers for that!

Its slightly odd that they don't give the customer the option to do it themselves though!

Guess they want to make it that bit more inconvenient for people!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Live help will remove it, but technically they will still have all your details and will hold the information for several years, its basically just them deactivating it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Thanks shocksy!

Was just chatting to someone from Live Help there.

I really wanted to know for future knowledge.

I would have thought there is some consumer code which gives the account user the ability to delete their own account (without having to contact PP directly).

It seems odd to me, esp if they wish to promote responsible gambling etc.

I know its relatively easy to contact live help etc, but it seems strange that the account user cant delete without contacting a middleman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Must say they were really good to me before.

I had an awkward name for the phone betting, so I asked them if there was a way I could change my user name.
    Told there wasn't,but I could close the account and open a new one. Fair play to them, opened the new account and I still got the free bet offers given to new customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Must say they were really good to me before.

I had an awkward name for the phone betting, so I asked them if there was a way I could change my user name.
    Told there wasn't,but I could close the account and open a new one. Fair play to them, opened the new account and I still got the free bet offers given to new customers.

I done same thing as you, but no free bet as new customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I told them that Bet365 let me (lie)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 oldfart

I was just trying to do this and found live help absolutely useless. As soon as they heard I wanted to close they were avoiding my requests! Talking waffle, asking me if I was sure, twice, ... then if I had a gambling problem, and then saying they didnt understand the request. The reason why you cant deactivate your own account....they dont want you to. . . I read that this would take 5 min... i was online chatting to two different representatives over 40 min, one of whom was an absolute ponce. if this is PP customer service they have a long way to go! Somehow, mysteriously, the connection kept getting lost, even though my internet is perfect.. I also asked to be removed from their mailing list, and none of them could just say 'yes, of course! All I have to do is click a button and its done'...you would swear I was asking them to complete a major task! they must get a red card at work if they let anyone cancels on their watch imo.

And..just incase you're thinking it.. no I dont have a gambling problem!! otherwise I wouldnt be looking to close my account!! Loosing 10euro on poker every few months is too much for me! I cant handle it !! Certainly not problematic, that's why I go back!! I have just wiped the software off my computer,..because I gave up trying to cancel my account in the end. I Know someone else who couldnt get their account closed so they reported themselves to 'responsible gaming' ...what happened.....nothing happened lol

Advertisement