Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet can be collected

Options
  • 31-01-2012 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all just wondering if anyone is getting rid of carpet. To fit large sitting room. There is currently burn holes in mine and can't afford to replace it. Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

This sounds like the guy I passed standing at the bus stop!
    He tells me he was at the doctors & needed money to get home!
    I told him to walk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I told him to walk!
    stab the rasher ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

seanybiker wrote: »
    stab the rasher ?

is Stab still on the go?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

I told him to walk!

I don't see how walking will get Gallybander his carpet:p

He could sand & stain the floor boards, assuming of course that
    he has floor boards & buy a small rug for the floor!

He never mentioned the dimensions of the room or underlay
    but he can collect?:eek:

I assume then that he can afford to tax, insure & pay for the running
    of a car but not some carpet.

Get a f**king grip!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gallybander123

I thought by joining this site someone out their might be able to help me out not just give snide remarks. I only work 20 hours a week and by the time you take the cost of diesel, rent, bills, food and as has been stated tax and insurance into account your not left with much. A bit of help is all i was asking for. And if anyone was throwing some out it would be a win-win situation as i would give them something for it. As for the size it is 18 foot by 24 foot. If anyone would like to help then thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Why 2 threads though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

homolumo wrote: »
    is Stab still on the go?
    Yeah and well he is.

I thought by joining this site someone out their might be able to help me out not just give snide remarks. I only work 20 hours a week and by the time you take the cost of diesel, rent, bills, food and as has been stated tax and insurance into account your not left with much. A bit of help is all i was asking for. And if anyone was throwing some out it would be a win-win situation as i would give them something for it. As for the size it is 18 foot by 24 foot. If anyone would like to help then thank you very much.
    hopefully someone be able to help ya out.

Why 2 threads though?

I see!
    They've damaged some property that they are renting in & are
    afraid of losing the deposit but can travel to Wexford, Kilkenny
    to collect a 24 X 18 rug! I hope the landlord doesn't mind!
    He MUST have been the guy at the bus stop!

Cynics Rule!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Hi all just wondering if anyone is getting rid of carpet.
    Better do asking there: http://groups.freecycle.org/waterford_freecycle/posts/all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gallybander123

Why 2 threads though?

I see!
    They've damaged some property that they are renting in & are
    afraid of losing the deposit but can travel to Wexford, Kilkenny
    to collect a 24 X 18 rug! I hope the landlord doesn't mind!
    He MUST have been the guy at the bus stop!

Cynics Rule!!!

Seems like your the type of person who only looks after number 1. I'd say if you saw a pregnant woman trying to change a tire in the rain you'd drive past with a smile on your face. A very kind person has helped me out. Thanks to the people that tried to help and to those who decided to have a laugh about my predicament, I hope karma bites ye in the arse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Great news Gallybander, delighted someone sorted you out :D

Seems like your the type of person who only looks after number 1. I'd say if you saw a pregnant woman trying to change a tire in the rain you'd drive past with a smile on your face. A very kind person has helped me out. Thanks to the people that tried to help and to those who decided to have a laugh about my predicament, I hope karma bites ye in the arse :)

It's people like you who seem to have no regard for other peoples
    property & then have the cheek to look for it for nothing is what
    irks me. It's only when you have to pay for it do you realise the true value!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Gallybander123; Welcome to Boards dude. Don't let some of the posters here put you off posting, some didn't mean to offend.

You may not be lucky enough to get someone to take such, especially if its not in great condition and most people buy new even in a recession. I would say your unlikely to get anywhere, but hey, worth a shot eh? But this isn't really the best place to ask. Try Adverts.ie or other freebie sites.

Best of luck anyway and hope to see you posting around here more often!

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement