Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best and cheapest way to book these flights?

Options
  • 31-01-2012 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

im heading over to christchurch first week in march to see my bf. flying with singapore airlines is 725 from shannon one way or 1100 return. the thing is we have planned to go to melbourne a few weeks after i land as he is moving there for another year so i will be staying there so whats the best way to book flights?

return to shannon and get a flight from melbourne to christchurch for the return flight or one way and then book a second flight from melbourne home?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Go to an agency and see if you can get a flight from Shannon -> CC with a few days stopover in melbourne (either way over or back)

Flights to NZ will stop in Australia anyway, so might not cost extra

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I'm a bit confused from your post. I take it you want to do SNN - CHC - MEL - SNN?

Either take Hussey's advice and try and book a stopover, or book an open jaw SNN - CHC // MEL - SNN and book a seperate flight fron CHC to MEL with pacific blue, jetstar etc. If you look around and book during the regular specials you can get a flight CHC - MEL for around $100 - $120 NZD
    I did that last time i went home (except i went SNN - MEL // CHC - SNN) with SQ and it didn't cost any extra.

Advertisement