Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Diesel - UK to Ireland.

Options
  • 31-01-2012 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

I drove up to Ballina from Bournemouth on the English south coast on Sunday via Rosslare. I was struck by the variations in diesel costs.

While you could pay upwards of E1.90 per litre in the UK, North Mayo and Stradbally had the cheapest, E151 while the dearest was Tullamore at E1.56. Ballina was 1.51.9 this morning.

According to the local press in the UK this is purely down to the refining capacity of Diesel at the refineries.

TT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

i agree there is a huge variation it was 1.519 this evening in loughrea but some places still looking for 1.579 in the area, i'd love if bio diesel was more widely available as its much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

TopTec wrote: »

E1.90
    E151
    E1.56.

Wow....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Always seems to have been dearer, I see that new place in Westport is doing it for 149 now which is a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

It is £1.43 in Belfast for a litre of diesel....which is about €1.73.
    Costs 10p more a litre for diesel in the UK than petrol.
    Pity my car isn't diesel...I'd save a few bob (20c/12p a litre) filling her up in the south.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

yop wrote: »
    Always seems to have been dearer, I see that new place in Westport is doing it for 149 now which is a good price.

Where in Westport is that Yop? Will most likely be passing through there later today, would be handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

"brand new petrol-station near roundabout (where the old Tim Hastings dealer building was)."

From a previous thread on this forum.

TT

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Then again the road tax for my car is 400% dearer here! :)

Diesel gone up to 152 there today :(

151 in Cosgraves on Westport road in Castlebar

Advertisement