Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are Listening to New York

Options
  • 31-01-2012 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭

Not the kind of thing I'd normally be into, music wise, but thought this was an interesting concept. Ambient sounds with Live radio communications between the New York Police Dept.

http://youarelistening.to/newyork

enjoy ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Nice, I'll check that out again in the morning.

A similar kind of thing is the Mission Control channel on Soma FM. They play 'ambient and experimental' music with recorded sound from various space program missions interspersed, but the best bit is, when there's a space shuttle mission in progress they use the actual broadcasts as they're happening :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 memind

Speaking of New York.... I have a 3 day stop-over on my way to CA...... How safe is it to be there on your own..... anyone planning on being in NY this March 2012?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Haven't been there since 1982, so really couldn't tell you :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Er, speaking of Music, can we keep the thread relatively on-topic, at least in the first few posts? plznthx...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I like listening to a bit of ambient music sometimes. That was pretty cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Suas11 wrote: »
    I like listening to a bit of ambient music sometimes. That was pretty cool

you might also like Immersion

Advertisement