Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did you Know ??

• 31-01-2012 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Mully_2011

The sun is actually White it appears yellow because of are Athmosphere as it burns at 6000 Kelvin the only colour it can be is white

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Fascinating. Do go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

and you only just found out ...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I once knew a girl who didn't realise that the Sun is a star until the age of 23. Note the use of past tense when I refer to the relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Here OP, you'll fucking love this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

It's yellow because God blasted it with his divine piss

• Advertisement

Octopus/octopi have 9 brains. not a lot of people know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

A wig for your penis is known as a merkin.

fjsanchez wrote: »

I knew that.

Gee Bag wrote: »

coffee came out me nose there, ye geebag :)
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,447 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

At least the post didn't start So, did you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Don't let the sun go down on me. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Jake1 wrote: »

I knew that.
    We are both despicible people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I thought the sun was colourless

efb wrote: »
    I thought the sun was colourless

and odourless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I know someone who thinks that frogs and crocodiles are fish because they mostly live in the water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

strawberries aren't berries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

octopodes, but anyway...

I knew that.
    We are both despicible people.
    and for your fanny i know that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

and odourless?

...and the name of a Newspaper?

octopodes, but anyway...

ooooh, get you :) with yer fancy words

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

I once knew a girl who didn't realise that the Sun is a star until the age of 23. Note the use of past tense when I refer to the relationship.

You broke up with her over that?! I didn't know that a male dog had one of those lipstick things that appear out of their willies until 3 years ago and I'm 33.

efb wrote: »
    strawberries aren't berries.

peanuts aren't nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Did you know the Chinese lads have a private little joke amongst themselves when working in the kitchen, one says to the other " can you pas me the bowl of, I cant believe it not really chicken..haw haw haw

You broke up with her over that?! I didn't know that a male dog had one of those lipstick things that appear out of their willies until 3 years ago and I'm 33.

If thats true u might wanna keep it to yourself hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

eew.. Thats where they get lipstick from? never kissing a girl again!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

policarp wrote: »
    Don't let the sun go down on me. . .

That's an often misinterpreted lyric.

George actually sings:

'Don't let your son go down on me'

It relates to his public order offences in the 90's, afraid he would end up back in the slammer if he was caught being fellated in a toilet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I guess you were reading the same Cracked.com article that I was.
    http://www.cracked.com/article_19649_6-myths-everyone-believes-about-space-thanks-to-movies.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

About three fiddy.

Jaysus, my little dog has been waving his lipstick all week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

peanuts aren't nuts

A tomato is a fruit, not a veg, so it came to my attention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

a male dog had one of those lipstick things that appear out of their willies until 3 years ago and I'm 33.

That IS their willie.

Though the anatomically correct term is schmeckel or bobby dangler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

RichieC wrote: »

Does this mean your now going straight to the dog to source lipstick tasting kisses?

peanuts aren't nuts

they just get a little crazy sometimes...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

policarp wrote: »
    Don't let the son go down on me. . .
    FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

That IS their willie.

We've always had bitches and never seen them get it on. It's never something I've really thought about much but boy am I happy I have the full facts now.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Lars1916 wrote: »
    ...and the name of a Newspaper?

Calling it a Newspaper is a bit of a stretch,isn`t it?

Lars1916 wrote: »
    A tomato is a fruit, not a veg, so it came to my attention

Ah, but the old question. Would you put a tomato in a fruit salad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

RichieC wrote: »

Does this mean your now going straight to the dog to source lipstick tasting kisses?

Youre on the ball! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

No they don't, they have complicated nervous systems and quite a large brain relative to their size.

They have been known, when kept in aquariums, that if they spy a bit of food across the corridor, they slip out of there tanks and will go eat it, except they will then go back and get in their own tanks again.

Also, tests that were done on their spatial awareness have showed that when challenged by a gap that is bigger than the cartilage between their eyes, they will not try and squeeze through it.

If they were as affectionate, or if we could form emotional attachments to them, as we do dogs, they would be very popular pets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yes, he said sun, im going to have to put you out.

• Advertisement

Mully_2011 wrote: »
    The sun is actually White it appears yellow because of are Athmosphere as it burns at 6000 Kelvin the only colour it can be is white

Did you know, the earth rotates 366 times in a normal year, and 367 times in a leap year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

My name is Michael Caine.... Not a lot of people know that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Sindri wrote: »
    No they don't, they have complicated nervous systems and quite a large brain relative to their size.

They have been known, when kept in aquariums, that if they spy a bit of food across the corridor, they slip out of there tanks and will go eat it, except they will then go back and get in their own tanks again.

Also, tests that were done on their spatial awareness have showed that when challenged by a gap that is bigger than the cartilage between their eyes, they will not try and squeeze through it.

If they were as affectionate, or if we could form emotional attachments to them, as we do dogs, they would be very popular pets.

They have 3 hearts though and can open jars if there's food in them, they will also close the jar again. Awesome creatures I could never eat one.

WindSock wrote: »
    Sindri wrote: »

They have 3 hearts though and can open jars if there's food in them, they will also close the jar again. Awesome creatures I could never eat one.

They also will engage in play with humans diving in spain i played hide and seek with a baby octopus i couldnt eat one either soooo cute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

They can also talk, when no one else is around, and they can tell the results of the football.

After some research I have come to the conclusion that the OP is wrong. Here is the proof.

happy_sun.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭YBTurbo

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Mully_2011 wrote: »

Did you know, the earth rotates 366 times in a normal year, and 367 times in a leap year.

366.25 a year and then every 4 years they make it 367 to make up the extra I though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

The whole universe after the big bang was just a cloud of helium. Then some guy Gob or dog or something made everything and had people write aabout how awesome he was. It was mis-translated and he comes across as a petty child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

That IS their willie.

We've always had bitches and never seen them get it on. It's never something I've really thought about much but boy am I happy I have the full facts now.;)

with all this talk about bonzo's bits I was thinking. as our furry friends dicks tend to be moreso on display than ours and their fannies even less so .. is it any wonder women are abandoning us for our furry friends.

If it's any reflection the male dogs certainly are not shy of the urge to hump just about anything, whereas the females will stay tightlipped. Conversely I have never had the urge to bang an animal yet there's a lot of girl-beast action out there..

Sayin. There seems to be more daecent females in the animal world but you'd be hard pressed without actual entry

YBTurbo wrote: »
    366.25 a year and then every 4 years they make it 367 to make up the extra I though?

In a 365 day year we are 6 hours short of a full revolution. But in that 365 days, the earth has rotated 366 times.

In 4 years we are a day behind a full revolution, so a day is added, or else the summers would move into autumn etc after a couple of centuries.

The 366 rotations in a normal year has no connection to leap years. The earth Rotates 360 degrees in 23 hours 56 minutes. But because it has travelled a little around the sun, it needs more than 360 degree rotation to be facing the sun at the same time from the same position each day.

So after 6 months, ireland at noon will be facing the opposite way in space than 6 months earlier, to be still facing the sun at noon, as its on the opposite side. So in a full year, it has done 1 extra rotation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement