Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seating in Croke Park

Options
  • 31-01-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Please help!! Totally clueless on what seats to book tickets for RHCP.....Hogan and Cusack stands look like you might only see the side of the stage so would Davin be better? Or is pitch standing better altogether??

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

For me its in this order;

1. Pitch Standing
    2. Upper Hogan or Cusack (706-708 & 729-731, if memory serves)
    3. Lower Hogan or Cusack
    4. Davin (wouldn't buy them personally)

Don't buy upper tier tickets if you suffer from Vertigo, it will be busy and the stands can be quite steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Script

Thanks mmcn90!!.....can I just ask why you'd go for upper Hogan or Cusack over Lower? And why not Davin?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

The stage is always down at hill 16, so the davin end is to far away . The nearer you are to the hill the better upper or lower, they dont sell the first few sections of the stands as they are at the side of the stage. Hope this helps you.

Cheers, that really did!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

Remember what mmcn90 told you dont book upper tier if you dont like heights .I am in there for most concerts and the amount of people who cant stay up there is alarming.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Although if you have vertigo they will move you from your seat to somewhere less high

No need to worry about the heights - I won't be booking the upper tier. I'm really interested in which lower stand is better and if they are better overall compared to the pitch - thanks though for the warning about vertigo!

Script wrote: »
    No need to worry about the heights - I won't be booking the upper tier. I'm really interested in which lower stand is better and if they are better overall compared to the pitch - thanks though for the warning about vertigo!

If you're going for lower just replace the 7 at the start of the section numbers I gave you with 3, that will give you the lower tier section numbers. I prefer upper tier, because personally I feel you get a better view (I'm there for all the events). If you're going lower tier, if you can, get seats for row EE and above if you want to stay dry if it rains and to ensure you're slightly above the stage. Enjoy the RHCP, I certainly can't wait!!!

EDIT: Avoid the lower Davin if you can, if you can't, try and get seats further back, as there is a slight (not high) possibility of your view being obstructed by merchandise stands and the wheelchair section (depends on where they are positioned, it varies).

Although if you have vertigo they will move you from your seat to somewhere less high

That does take time to do, and unnecessary distress. Also you will be in the lower Davin then in 99% of cases.

Advertisement