Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMAP emails

Options
  • 31-01-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

OK my boss was using his Mac to access his emails using IMAP.

Now, we were cancelling a web hosting contract due to closure of a site. So we backed everything from the server up... But not emails (I being used to POP3, it didn't occur to me)

So cancelled account, and moved domain name to another account, and of course, the predictable happened - when he next turned on his mail, they were all gone.

Now we're not going to be able to get back to the server now, our server is being used for another customer.

The question is this: Is there any way to recover the lost IMAP emails from the boss's own computer? Does IMAP work that way? Or is it entirely reliant on the server?

Edit Just realised I posted in the wrong forum! Please delete, Mods, I'll repost in a more appropriate forum

Advertisement