Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire S -- No Signal

Options
  • 31-01-2012 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently bought an unlocked HTC Desire S. The phone itself is working fine, but it is not picking up any signal. I could connect to my WiFi fine, though. I tried two SIM cards (Meteor and O2). It recognized the SIM cards (I could see my contacts, messages, etc.) but it kept saying no signal. I'm in an area where there definitely should be O2 and Meteor reception.

I've tried Googling and can't come across anything specifically related to my problem.

Any tips or ideas on what I should do? Is it an issue that the phone isn't fully unlocked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MacOwen

Try putting your phone on airplane mode and then turn off airplane mode. This is what I do with my htc desire and it works most of the time. hope it works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

Thanks. I'll try that.

I was worried because I bought it online that there might be something wrong, but I've traced the IMEI code and it's completely legit. If anyone has any other suggestions, especially with unlocked phones, I'd appreciate it.

Advertisement