Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st year engineering semester two

Options
  • 01-02-2012 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me (and most of the course) what topics we have to cover for Maths, Fluids, Production Technology, Introduction to engineering. The only lecturer who has told us is the new Mechanics 2 lecturer (Ronan O Higgins) who I find really good. I've searched for the last few hours and just can't find anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Daniel S wrote: »
    Can someone tell me (and most of the course) what topics we have to cover for Maths, Fluids, Production Technology, Introduction to engineering. The only lecturer who has told us is the new Mechanics 2 lecturer (Ronan O Higgins) who I find really good. I've searched for the last few hours and just can't find anything.

Fluids is just what he told us in the first lecture and intro is just presentations and the bits that are in the exam papers. Check out the exam papers, they are always good in letting you know what you need to know for the module!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

Just ask , lecturers are required to provide you with a course outline , however i know from experience the M&AE lecturers tend to forget it . Mech solids 2 last year the lecturer began into the subject without even saying his name

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Download a few years past papers to give you an idea of the questions asked, generally they don't change that much year on year and will cover the material covered on the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭joey12

My advice to you is keep an eye on dynamics, from what I hear statics didn't go well for ye at all and dynamics is usually the one that trips people up.

But everyone here is right, exams papers are key things never seem to change.

Advertisement