Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD's Law

• 01-02-2012 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I know that this is just a bad case of confirmation bias. However, there are times (when I'm losing/or about to lose) when I feel as if the entire Call of Duty universe is against me.
    • The second I decide to reload, somebody will come running around that corner with akimbo FMGs.
    • If a predator missile is in the sky, it will find me, even if I'm on my own and all of my team mates are huddled together on the other side of the map. No exceptions.
    • If I equip the care package, somebody will steal it from me, regardless of where I've placed it or how attentively I am guarding it. Call of Duty will always find a way to take it from me. Unless its a UAV. Then I can keep it.
    • If I'm one kill away from winning a game of FFA and I happen to get killed, I will be spawned at the end of the map, far away from anybody. My opponent, who is one kill behind me, will be spawned smack bang in the middle of things. Quickscopers and players using pistols-only will magically appear in front of his sight-lines.
    • If I'm watching a doorway and I know for a fact that somebody is inside, they won't actually come running out until I've turned around to check my back.

What are yours?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I know that this is just a bad case of confirmation bias. However, there are times (when I'm losing/or about to lose) when I feel as if the entire Call of Duty universe is against me.
      [*]The second I decide to reload, somebody will come running around that corner with akimbo FMGs.
      [*]If a predator missile is in the sky, it will find me, even if I'm on my own and all of my team mates are huddled together on the other side of the map. No exceptions.
      [*]If I equip the care package, somebody will steal it from me, regardless of where I've placed it or how attentively I am guarding it. Call of Duty will always find a way to take it from me. Unless its a UAV. Then I can keep it.
      [*]If I'm one kill away from winning a game of FFA and I happen to get killed, I will be spawned at the end of the map, far away from anybody. My opponent, who is one kill behind me, will be spawned smack bang in the middle of things. Quickscopers and players using pistols-only will magically appear in front of his sight-lines.
      [*]If I'm watching a doorway and I know for a fact that somebody is inside, they won't actually come running out until I've turned around to check my back.

What are yours?

Haha, I can certainly relate to these three. Will think up some later in the day and post them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Getting "Host Migration" just as you're facing an enemy and then them blowing you away as soon as the game starts again. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

Oh god all of the above or when your just about to shoot someone and your team mates steals your kill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

1.When i run past a barrel it decides to explode just as im going past it.

2. My knife is rubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

I will die 9/10 times when I am one kill from the highest killstreak

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

* Flash/stuns only work for the enemy
      * Enemy in last stand is invincible me not so much
      * High pointstreak rewards in my care pack are always stolen
      * Just when you think things can't get any worse you encounter a random grenade
      * Chasing a chopper with a stinger for 30 seconds as it ducks behind buildings. Just as you lock on you're shot in the back.
      * The camper's only in the corner when you're not expecting it

oh jesus this could go on and on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,292 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

gimli2112 wrote: »

*Couldn't agree more, only to me it also increases their accuracy!

*When I run "assault" class, I cannot string two kills together. When I run "support", I could be moonwalking backwards across B flag and still kick hole!

*When playing with randomers, the other side's helicopter will be milling down our team and I will sometimes wait to see if someone else takes it down. Finally, I give in, change to my anti-air class and either someone else will then take it down (depriving me of the points and thereafter ensuring that someone will shoot me while I am trying to lock on) or the killsteak will p*** off before I get a chance to lock on.

*The only person killed by Stealth bombers is me, regardless of whether I or the other team calls it in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

gimli2112 wrote: »
      * Enemy in last stand is invincible me not so much
      * High pointstreak rewards in my care pack are always stolen
      * Just when you think things can't get any worse you encounter a random grenade
      * Chasing a chopper with a stinger for 30 seconds as it ducks behind buildings. Just as you lock on you're shot in the back.
      * The camper's only in the corner when you're not expecting it

oh jesus this could go on and on

THIS!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If I'm pre-aiming a choke point/doorway in SnD, somebody will come through the second I look away, regardless of how long I've been looking there.

My helicopter stays in the air without being shot down, gets 1 kill. The enemy puts up same helicopter, kills me alone 3 times.

We knifed eachother at the same time, why does it look like I've the reaction time of a door?

If I hit somebody first with a burst gun, they won't die, but their first burst will then kill me straight after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

everlast75 wrote: »

moonwalking backwards across B flag

You just gave me the lols in work. the other 200 or so other people on my floor are now looking at me like I'm retarded

*If I'm having trouble finding the enemy all I need do is stand near a corner or a doorway and throw a flash/stun/nade etc. and mid-throw an enemy will appear as if he heard the pin being pulled and kill me. Works 100% of the time, every time.

• Advertisement
    • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SooooBored

When i clearly knife some1 in the face but they get the kill and the kill cam show me missing by a couple of foot.....whatever.

Lads running aroung with shotguns and killing you from miles away, mate my sniper doesn't even shoot that far.

Your own team mate flash bangin you when your just about to pick up your care package and they rob it.

When your in a nice little spot (same may say camping) and your team mate blocks you in and gets you killed.

When your playing savage on a massive kill streak and the missus starts talking/annoy you and you get killed.

When to enemy's are beside each other and u riddle the pair of them but for some reason dont die and kill you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

3 or 4 off a moab a camper will always kill me sitting in a corner aiming down sights.

Snipers know they have no chance of killing you so always switch to the akimbo fmgs and still get a one shot kill

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

- Everyone with a 4 bar connection will be put against me
      - Every 8 year old quickscoper will be put with me
      - Teammate blocks an escape route. Get shot
      - Predator, Rc-car, helicopters especially no matter the situation will find me
      - Check a door, turn around, get shot from said door
      - My knife is a hologram
      - Doin good, host migration, get kicked

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Thomasheen wrote: »
      - Everyone with a 4 bar connection will be put against me
      - Every 8 year old quickscoper will be put with me
      - Teammate blocks an escape route. Get shot
      - Predator, Rc-car, helicopters especially no matter the situation will find me
      - Check a door, turn around, get shot from said door
      - My knife is a hologram
      - Doin good, host migration, get kicked

Always happens when we're mopping the floor with the other team :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

My controller will never run out of battery when flicking around the menu, always when mid game :mad:

IPAM wrote: »
      My controller will never run out of battery when flicking around the menu, always when mid game :mad:

Three times the other night mine died (causing me to die in-game) and three times I had to scour around the living room looking for new ones.

Spotted this Plug and Play charger in Argos and even though it's white (mine are black), I shall be purchasing it!

Also spotted this multi-charger, dunno if it'd be worth it tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I use a similar one to that. It's amazing. Well worth the money.

Back on topic. My mates last name is Keogh and we've coined the phrase "Keogh fever"

Keogh fever happens when, you pull the pin on a grenade and a man walks around the corner to kill you, even though there was no corner to begin with or when you reload a man spawns behind you, runs through you only to turn around and blast you away.

I use a similar one to that. It's amazing. Well worth the money.

Back on topic. My mates last name is Keogh and we've coined the phrase "Keogh fever"

Keogh fever happens when, you pull the pin on a grenade and a man walks around the corner to kill you, even though there was no corner to begin with or when you reload a man spawns behind you, runs through you only to turn around and blast you away.

This friend of yours gets around then. Keogh fever is rife :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,292 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

IPAM wrote: »

Especially frustrating when one considers the amout of time spent waitin in the lobby, relative to getting to play the fookin game!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

When playing dom on ground war nobody else has the mini-map telling them the location of the flags except me.
      They get the general area alright but always get lost in a corner or on a wall or hiding in a bus or something. It must be very frustrating for them.
      Also nobody else seems to know the meaning of the word "capture" or in fact how to accomplish a capture.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Someone off your own team lying down in the pipe on Hardhat and will inevitably get you killed as you attempt to get past him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

You pick up a gun that you don't normally use and you Beast with it. You then create a class with it and all of a sudden you can't hit the back side of a barge with it

You pick up a gun that you don't normally use and you Beast with it. You then create a class with it and all of a sudden you can't hit the back side of a barge with it

So true, was using the ACR and doing alright, ran out of ammo, picked up the UMP (a gun I have honestly never used) and I started to clean house with it. Threw it into a class... did meh with it then :rolleyes:

I should make a montage of me strolling into grenades, happens way too often!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SooooBored

Someone off your own team lying down in the pipe on Hardhat and will inevitably get you killed as you attempt to get past him!!

You said it pal, keep f*cking stun or flash bangs at them, that'll teach them

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

This

MOVE BITCH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Or when you try to dodge fire in the high traffic area of Mission and your team mates are constantly in the way and get you killed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

Three times the other night mine died (causing me to die in-game) and three times I had to scour around the living room looking for new ones.

Spotted this Plug and Play charger in Argos and even though it's white (mine are black), I shall be purchasing it!

i got the multi charger, wouldnt work for me so i went to ebay, rechargable batteries are for nothing, with a usb charger,four euro inc postage i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

e_e wrote: »
      Or when you try to dodge fire in the high traffic area of Mission and your team mates are constantly in the way and get you killed!

Same as on bootleg in and around the stairs area. Team mates bumping ya straight into the other teams line of fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

throwing a grenade at enemys, especially in Mw3 and they land beside them and do nothin.. Enemy throws a grenade about 10 feet away from ya, kills ya instantly.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

When using Scavenger you always get the urge to go and pick up blue bags despite the fact you have a plentiful supply of ammo!

Advertisement