Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Chinese Massage in Waterford?

Options
  • 01-02-2012 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Anyone know if there are any Chinese massage therapists in Waterford? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Brother went to one a while back. Ill find out where it was when I see him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭decies

What's difference between Chinese and Thai massages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

decies wrote: »

<_>

-_-
    No idea tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 de carver

Different cultures have different ways of doing them, and i had a chinese massage on holiday a few weeks ago and found it much more relaxing than the Thai ones i usually get.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

Happy ending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 rocklord42

Quite a lot of difference really. Chinese Massage is based around the accupressure points of the body, i.e. maintaining the flow of chi.
    Thai massage is much more practical and is based on the flow of blood through the limbs and the muscles of the body. Thai massage is quite manipulative, the masseuse is actively involved in manipulating the body into certain shapes and forms that promote stretching of muscle and manipulation of bloodflow. This can be quite painful sometimes, especially if rushed. In Chinese (traditional) massage there is no manipulation as the object is only to massage the points.
    Traditional Thai massage in Thailand takes about three hours for a full body, the longer the better as the manipulation is a lot easier when the limb/s has already been loosened up. I have done a full five hours (I'm 6'3) and I can honestly say there is nothing on the planet to compare. Having said that I have also had some pretty poor masseuses.

What do you need / want the massage for ? If it is for relaxation then Chinese / Swedish etc are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

whats the difference between a chinese and a thai ????

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

I prefer getting me back scratched in fairness!

I prefer getting me back scratched in fairness!

<SNIP>

Jesus man, when you signed up to boards you agreed to the terms of the site, you obviously didn't bother reading them.

Check them out here and pay special attention to section 4

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Charming.

• Advertisement

<SNIP>

Jesus man, when you signed up to boards you agreed to the terms of the site, you obviously didn't bother reading them.

Check them out here and pay special attention to section 4

sorry boss, i had a few in me at the time, :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Happy ending and love you long time.....

Advertisement