Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony McLoughlin and the Vatican Embassy...

Options
  • 01-02-2012 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

Sligo/Nth Leitrim TD, Tony McLoughlin (FG) is spearheading a call by many Fine Gael backbenchers to Labour Leader Eamon Gilmore asking him to reverse his decision to shut Ireland's Vatican embassy.

From Sligotoday.ie

Sorry now, but I know that there have been a few political threads lately, but this just takes the biscuit altogether.

Is this seriously what this guy got elected to do?

I find it hard to believe that this is what he thinks is important for his constituents.

http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=18457&PHPSESSID=d8ec621f11299faab3b655a43103769e

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

what a complete idiot, politics is all about optics, and this looks terrible in an area crying out for assistance in terms of jobs and the airport in his ex constituency.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Good to see he's got his priorities right. Who needs adequate cancer services I suppose, when the Vatican is clearly more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

E-Mailed all 3 of our TD's.... Over SOPA Ireland...

This man is the only one that did not give me
    the courtesy of a reply.
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

easkey wrote: »

the courtesy of a reply.

Did the same and go no reply from any of them. I'm guessing I must have sent them after the flood gates opened though.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

the courtesy of a reply.
    He wouldn't have a clue what SOPA Ireland is, lives in the stone age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I see the motion was proposed by Sligo - North Leitrim TD Tony Mc Loughlin.
    He was prepared to campaign for the reversal of the closure of the Vatican Embassy but not for the reversal of the closure of cancer services in his own constituency.
    It seems Tony thinks the spiritual needs of his constituents are more important than their physical needs.

What a guy.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

Good to see he's got his priorities right. Who needs adequate cancer services I suppose, when the Vatican is clearly more important.

Don't worry God will protect us from cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Wester

the courtesy of a reply.

Knowing Tony, he probably hasn't even heard of SOPA or anything complex like it. Now if you'd e-mailed him about the street lamp down the end of the road needing to be fixed, then he'd have replied no bother. Just don't ask him to deal with complex stuff, like legislation or statutes. He wasn't elected for that sort of thing ya know..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

He is flat out milking the expenses system...€50k since he got elected and manage to shoehorn his daughter in the borough council (another €30k+expenses paid for by the taxpayer)even though she never got a vote in her life. If FG had put a picture of bin laden on a poster for the election he would have got elected....his guy is a waste of our money.

Advertisement