Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - Ping & Jitter issues

• 01-02-2012 1:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hey guys, the past 2 months or so i have been having some really crappy pings and jitter, I notice due to playing games, jitter is avg around 15-20, and does go up to around 40-60, it is getting soo frustrating at this point i have phoned upc soooo many times asking what can they do, i get the same response, have you restarted your modem BS, And sometimes they have the neck to say we cant find anything wrong with your line, there clearly is a problem and my friend just up the road also having the same issue, so im thinking its my area is congested or something as an other friend is about 15 mins away and his net has nothing wrong with it. Any suggestions on what to do ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

did you disable ip flood detection on the router? some people have reported that this has improved things for them although a lot of the time all it does is improve the results you see on pingtest.net, rather than actually fixing any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭sternpeak

yes sir, i have indeed, i was on the phone "AGAIN" today for 30 mins, and after all their testing i got, There seems to be nothing wrong with the line, i will forward this information onto the data team, I nearly slammed the phone off the wall at that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i usually find that you're better off explaining everything in an email and asking for it to be escalated.

another option would be to talk to someone on the UPC twitter feed or send a PM to "UPC: Jason" explaining where you've got to so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭sternpeak

rang up again, expressing my feelings, and insisted on speaking to a manager or Team leader, spoke to him, and it was alot more helpful than the same ol bs, they found a problem on my network and they said they will work on fixing it over the next 4-5 working days, if you get jitter issues speak to a leader they have more access than the standard people it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭r*oc

I use UPC broadband & have had nothing but trouble when playing fifa12 online. I have made tons of calls to upc but still no joy. After every game in "ultimate team", i loose connection & during any other game in fifa12 i keep getting an error message telling me that i couldnt connect with EA servers.
    Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone have a solution???

• Advertisement
Advertisement