Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle Whisper-Sync with non Amazon books

Options
  • 01-02-2012 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I have a few e-books that I have acquired over the years that currently sit in Stanza on my iPhone. I also have the kindle app on my iPhone and read books through that. I am thinking about buying a Kindle with money I got for my birthday but since the store isn't exactly covering all it's bases I don't want to get stuck in DRM hell if I want to buy a book from another store and read it on my Kindle.

I know that I can use Calibre to actually put them on there but when switching between devices will whisper sync actually work and keep my place in the book or will I have to find my place again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

as long as you have it on both devices (in my experience) it does work.

having said that, it's between an older 3rd gen kindle keyboard, a windows PC and a kindle fire, but it should work on any device.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You could test it between the Kindle cloud reader on your PC and the Kindle reader on your phone and see if it syncs non Amazon sourced books.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

just tested it on my phone as wel and its working fine across the kindle 3rd gen, kindle fire and kindle reader on windows pc and android mobile. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Thank you guys, will test it between my laptop and iPhone and see how it works. All going well I just have to decide between the touch and keyboard.

Advertisement