Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New accounts from bans/closed accounts

Options
  • 01-02-2012 4:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Theres so many new accounts on after hours and others forums that really confuse me.

I don't think its normal for an account in the past month or 2 to have racked up 1000 posts or more, and from their posts seem to know the norm on forums like after hours

It doesnt bother me, I'm just always left guessing who they are.

Would it not be possible under their title to say "formaly xxx"

I guess some of the accounts are reregs (from bans) too, but IMO from their posting style one does simply walk into mordor
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Sister Assumpta

I had an account here a few years ago (around 2006, 2007) that I don't use anymore/ cannot log into because I don't remember the details.

I don't recognize any user on this site anymore (apart from devore) because it seems as though everyone whose been here from then has changed their name in the intervening years (or has left). Well, everyone I was acquainted with, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Well, everyone I was acquainted with, anyway.

There's lots of people still here under the same name, you just need to get to know more people.
    nuxxx wrote: »

The whole point of closing an account is that you're erasing your data (well, as much as is possible [e.g. posts are kept]). If your data is erased, how does the software know you're a re-reg?

Leave it alone IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Didn't see the other thread, thanks Tedd

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

nuxxx wrote: »

What would have been the point of closing their first account in that case?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 devil01

They have no hobbies or life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

What's the ruling on new accounts and their previous incarnations previous bans and warnings? Say for example a new account (Aa) had previously recieved a final warning in AH or if their previous accounts (Ab) had wracked up 5 yellow cards in soccer which would mean 1 more yellow would result in a 6 month ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Morricone wrote: »
    What's the ruling on new accounts and their previous incarnations previous bans and warnings? Say for example a new account (Aa) had previously recieved a final warning in AH or if their previous accounts (Ab) had wracked up 5 yellow cards in soccer which would mean 1 more yellow would result in a 6 month ban.

Its down to the person i would imagine,i had another account that i closed,but i was perma banned from a forum,so i let an admin know who i was when i singed up with this account,and he informed the mods of the forum and the ban was put back in place.

Advertisement