Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOME BOARDING FOR DOGS

• 01-02-2012 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Is there anyone in the Limerick region who provides home boarding services for dogs ?
    I have a little westie and he isn't great in kennels. I am looking for someone who will mind them in their own home.

Many thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hi

Give Glen Rua a call http://www.glenruaboardingkennels.com/GALLERY.html

My dog stays here. But a family friend also keeps her dog there and have the same problem with the dog not liking the kennels so she keeps the dog in her house.

Might be worth a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Whiskers 'N' Paws do a home mind/visit service for pets that are being left alone in their own home. I know a few people that use Elly for dog walking and pet minding and they have done so for two or three years now and speak highly of her. You might have seen the small red/orange van going around the city with the Whiskers 'N' Paws logo on the side.

Her contact numbers are

061-409173
    087-2228266

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

i second whiskers and paws i posted on the limerick animal welfare facebook page about dog kennels as my dog minder let me down for the week im going away i got loads of private mails recommending elly and how great she is so im goin to ring her as well see how she gets on with my terrior

her facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Whiskers-n-Paws-Limerick/262501493816064

best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Another thumbs up here for Elly - she is completely trustworthy, professional and very kind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 smiledust

Thanks for all that info guys, much appreciated. I heard about Whiskers and Paws but i am a bit reluctant about the service. Ideally i was looking for someone who could mind my dog in their home. I am not sure if i am entirely comfortable letting someone into my house when i am not around. Plus my dog has always been surrounded by people so i am not sure if he will cope on his own with a visit or two from the petminder. But i might just give it a go, i'll let you know how we get on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭georgem25

Try these people. Sarah is a qualified veterinary nurse. Highly recommended

https://www.facebook.com/LimerickPetSitters

• Registered Users Posts: 8 smiledust

Thanks a mill georgem25 this is exactly what i am looking for! You're a star:D

Advertisement