Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That just doesn't make sense!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

EnterNow wrote: »
    Was that the Prometheus that was in the fleet that greeted Voyaged at Earth?

Uss_voyager_earth.jpg

Given that the Prometheus was the first of its kind and shown late into the Voyager you would think that this is the same ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

There are two unnamed Prometheus-class ships shown in all, one in Voyager as the above image shows and another in Enterprise episode Azati Prime. The second time the class is shown in Voyager is probably The Prometheus as no other ships are mentioned having being built by that time, there's also a back story on the ships registration changing due to a possible over sight in the production model during Message in a Bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,512 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

People can call ships what they want but Prometheus was a war vessel

Personally I don't think there's any questioning this. Message in a Bottle clearly shows it as hugely combat orientated and extremly effective too, taking only a matter of moments to disable a highly advanced nebula class.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Personally I don't think there's any questioning this. Message in a Bottle clearly shows it as hugely combat orientated and extremly effective too, taking only a matter of moments to disable a highly advanced nebula class.

I wouldnt call a Nebula class advanced in regards to weapons/shields.
    Iirc correctly the Rutledge was a Nebula class and O'Briend became Tactical officer but off a small ship essentially, in general they are science vessels (armada 1 and 2)

I wouldnt call a Nebula class advanced in regards to weapons/shields.

It's essentially a galaxy lite and would have comparable weapons load out, more depending on the configuration of the pod. As a long range advanced science ship it'd also have a high output warp core and high spec shields to cope with all the various phenomena it would encounter IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

It's essentially a galaxy lite and would have comparable weapons load out, more depending on the configuration of the pod. As a long range advanced science ship it'd also have a high output warp core and high spec shields to cope with all the various phenomena it would encounter IMO.

I do get your point and as mentioned above due to Armada 1/2 I have a hard time getting away from it as a Science vessel.
    In saying that I am a big fan and it is definitely one of the best looking ships out there

I also would not take anything from Armada as cannon at all in the slightest.
    Though it was a decent game. :)

I do get your point and as mentioned above due to Armada 1/2 I have a hard time getting away from it as a Science vessel.
    In saying that I am a big fan and it is definitely one of the best looking ships out there

You can not let the games colour your view of those ships. FFS the Defiant class was less than useless in Armada 2.

I never built anything but Akiras and Sovereign anyway, all the rest were useless :D

I also would not take anything from Armada as cannon at all in the slightest.
    Though it was a decent game. :)
    Probably wise not to.. but it was an epic game to be fair, especially the cut scenes in 2.

Have it on my laptop ready to burn just havent got around to it.

• Advertisement

I never built anything but Akiras and Sovereign anyway, all the rest were useless :D

and Akiras were only good as they could be pumped out and had the Chain Reaction Pulse.

Have you modded Armada II?

Yeah Akira with that man red super weapon rebound was quite good, Galaxy was also underpowered imo

Galaxy was also underpowered imo

And it had no upgrade weapon.

Fleets of them were good, however, as you could saucer seperate mid battle and the computer AI would target saucer sections (which were paper weak though)

And it had no upgrade weapon.

Fleets of them were good, however, as you could saucer seperate mid battle and the computer AI would target saucer sections (which were paper weak though)
    Putting them back together was impossible while under attack and tbh pretty hard when not!

Putting them back together was impossible while under attack and tbh pretty hard when not!

Under attack was a no go, unless you set the to green alert. When not under attack you could not do groups as they would get in each others way.

Yeah it was annoying. It was the same when trying to form a Fusion Cube

Under attack was a no go, unless you set the to green alert. When not under attack you could not do groups as they would get in each others way.

Yeah it was annoying. It was the same when trying to form a Fusion Cube

I used to do the 4 quadrant attack, i'd normally set 2 up against me and 1 up against everyone..

That way it would give me a chance to build torpedo and phaser drones while building up my base.. ah nostalgia :)

Now if I could only get Birth of the Federation to work on windows 7

Is ST: Online any good? It looks lovely when maxed out but I have not had a lot of time to play it and never really played a MMORPG before

Now if I could only get Birth of the Federation to work on windows 7

Is ST: Online any good? It looks lovely when maxed out but I have not had a lot of time to play it and never really played a MMORPG before

I've done a bit but tbh i dont have a mouse at home and you cant do the ship battles without it so didnt go past that point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pfft, Armada :p

Bridge Commander was where it used to be at back in the day. Huge modding community too

bridgecommander_790screen007.jpg

Bridge Commander was where it used to be at back in the day. Huge modding community too

can not find my copy of that!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I used to do the 4 quadrant attack, i'd normally set 2 up against me and 1 up against everyone..

That way it would give me a chance to build torpedo and phaser drones while building up my base.. ah nostalgia :)

freaky......i was only thinking of Armada 2 the other day....

Loved the Akira with the chain pulse torpedo..... didn't really see much use in the Vor'Cha upgrade weapon, the torpedo that allegedly punched through the shileds. Put 16 ships in an assault wall and there wasn't a whole pile of anything that would get in it's way!!

1 group of Steam Runners with the long range shot, 1 of Akira's in front of that as defense, and one group of Galaxy's on overwatch.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I didn't like bridge commander..... maybe it was my slow ass laptop but the damage done to the ships always looked too pixelated...

Armada 2 ftw......... Oh if only there was an Armada 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

There's a mod for that which I forget the name of and it makes it 100 times harder and better...now for the better news...ST Excalibur.
    http://stexcalibur.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

gatecrash wrote: »
    I didn't like bridge commander..... maybe it was my slow ass laptop but the damage done to the ships always looked too pixelated...

Armada 2 ftw......... Oh if only there was an Armada 3

Some of the scene damage packs are nothing short of incredible. The game was really heavily expanded by the modding community.

91635_6.jpg

I want it again for this alone

gatecrash wrote: »
    freaky......i was only thinking of Armada 2 the other day....

Loved the Akira with the chain pulse torpedo..... didn't really see much use in the Vor'Cha upgrade weapon, the torpedo that allegedly punched through the shileds. Put 16 ships in an assault wall and there wasn't a whole pile of anything that would get in it's way!!

1 group of Steam Runners with the long range shot, 1 of Akira's in front of that as defense, and one group of Galaxy's on overwatch.....

Yep.. there was a lot you could do..
    assault wall of Steam runners.. start them off to the enemy base first, then send you bigger ships, have it timed so that your sovereign, galaxy and Akira get there just as the first salvo of quantums are detonating and its game over man!

Also on the vid.. who would really win between star trek ships and SG ships ..troll alert :pac::pac:

Well a Venture or two placed strategically would allow you to see cloaked fleets

Yep.. there was a lot you could do..
    assault wall of Steam runners.. start them off to the enemy base first, then send you bigger ships, have it timed so that your sovereign, galaxy and Akira get there just as the first salvo of Tri-cobalt devices are detonating and its game over man!

Also on the vid.. who would really win between star trek ships and SG ships ..troll alert :pac::pac:

FYP:P

FYP:P

You are correct rugger :o

Right thats it, i'm going to burn it tonight and have a game!

• Advertisement

Wow just looking at prices on Ebay of Armada 2... fcuk me its expensive!

Advertisement