Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That just doesn't make sense!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I bought the original, but its long since lost. I "found" a copy a few years back but lost the CD again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I bought the original, but its long since lost. I "found" a copy a few years back but lost the CD again

Note to self, don't lend helimachoptor any discs :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Played some Armada last night... man it was awesome!!!!

I <3 Bridge Commander.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

I started Elite Force II and noticed at the end of the Voyager Borg bit they left out the Prometheus-class ship that attacked the Sphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I <3 Bridge Commander.

Star Trek: Legacy was so,so disappointing. Nice ship models but nothing else. I headed into Legacy with expectations :(

We really need another Bridge Commander game!

• Advertisement

We really need another Bridge Commander game!

Without that interfering, brown-nosing hag of a first officer you get though.

Would like to choose my own crew next time, would be cool to pick from a list. I always thought the Security Officer was the spitting image of The Rock.

Another great game was Birth of the Federation!! Maybe a games thread is in order :D

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Another great game was Birth of the Federation!! Maybe a games thread is in order :D

Was thinking the same thing, might be an idea for a mod to start as with others dedicated to certain subjects.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Don't need a mod to start a new thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Would be good though to bring the games posts to the new thread

• Advertisement

Don't need a mod to start a new thread

I know but since all the others were done with an official look I figured there was a pattern.

On the Valiant, Nog is wearing Junior Grade Lieutenant pips as opposed to Lieutenant Commander pips which was his commission given by the acting Captain. It's an all scenes, so can't be just an error?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭somuj

EnterNow wrote: »
    On the Valiant, Nog is wearing Junior Grade Lieutenant pips as opposed to Lieutenant Commander pips which was his commission given by the acting Captain. It's an all scenes, so can't be just an error?

They probably demoted him off camera for being friends with Jake. What a bunch of **** that crew were. Was glad when the Valiant was destroyed and they were all killed. Hope they endured prolong suffering.

somuj wrote: »
    They probably demoted him off camera for being friends with Jake. What a bunch of **** that crew were. Was glad when the Valiant was destroyed and they were all killed. Hope they endured prolong suffering.

Lol how true that is, a crew of absolute toss pots. Trek 90210 eat your heart out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Get out of it, Stargate was great but come one.

Samantha Carter

207680d1251393092-amanda-tapping-stargate-atlantis-2-14-sexy-bra-cleavage-bscap0008.jpg

Just saying.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Way off topic now but anyone notice the Star Gate cameos in The Dark Knight rises? Teal'c (Chris Nolan) is a bad guy and the guy who plyed the president did so in Stargate too.
    Samantha Carter

she has barely aged a day since the first ep. I saw one of the film straight to DVD films last week and it being kinda terrible aside she looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Way off topic now but anyone notice the Star Gate cameos in The Dark Knight rises? Teal'c (Chris Nolan) is a bad guy and the guy who plyed the president did so in Stargate too.

she has barely aged a day since the first ep. I saw one of the film straight to DVD films last week and it being kinda terrible aside she looks amazing.

She is, as already mentioned, much too perfect a character - McKay was everything her character should have been.

DS9 season 7, 'Extreme Measures'

Bashir & O'Brien gallantly journey inside the mind of Sloan to find the secrets of the Changeling disease.

A fun episode, but cmon like :D

DS9 season 7, 'Extreme Measures'

Bashir & O'Brien gallantly journey inside the mind of Sloan to find the secrets of the Changeling disease.

A fun episode, but cmon like :D

I know I've said it before as have others but Sloan was seriously underused.

I know I've said it before as have others but Sloan was seriously underused.

Definitely, probably just a great idea that was too late to the party. When did we first here of Section 31? Was it Season 5/6 of DS9? Wasn't a whole lot that could have been developed by that stage without being seen as overdoing it.

The idea did carry over into Enterprise, with Reed having a similar enough role as Bashir

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Section 31 series would have been class

Definitely, probably just a great idea that was too late to the party. When did we first here of Section 31? Was it Season 5/6 of DS9? Wasn't a whole lot that could have been developed by that stage without being seen as overdoing it.

The idea did carry over into Enterprise, with Reed having a similar enough role as Bashir

Sometime during season 6 when Bashir is treated as a spy, Sloan had Bashir transported to a holodeck while he was sleeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It was way earlier than that though. Somebody mentions them in passing way earlier in the series. I'm not sure of the exact episode but I'm sure the star trek nerds wikipedia would have the answer. :p

Kirby wrote: »
    It was way earlier than that though. Somebody mentions them in passing way earlier in the series. I'm not sure of the exact episode but I'm sure the star trek nerds wikipedia would have the answer. :p

Hmm I'm not sure about that, I'm pretty sure Section 31 only came to light near the latter half of DS9...

Edit - Yep, Season 6 of DS9 'Inquisition' is where it starts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_31#Appearances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

I may have exclaimed "TEAL'C!!!" in surprise. Looking round the cinema you could pick out the Stargate fans a mile off in that scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think you mean Chris Judge? Chris nolan is the guy who directed the films. :p

Apparently, alot of his stuff got edited out because he played one of Banes henchmen and Judge being 6,3 and Tom Hardy only being 5,10.....it made Bane look smaller and less imposing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Kirby wrote: »
    I think you mean Chris Judge? Chris nolan is the guy who directed the films. :p
    yes I did notice that, went to make sure I typed Chris rather than Christopher and obviously forgot to concentrate on the rest of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Why is it that altering the past in First Contact, affects & changes the current timeline - and altering the past in the newest film, creates a new timeline & leaves the old one still existing?

Well they have said it's a "different universe" apparently, but I think they might mean in the same way that "Batman Begins" is in a different universe to "Batman Returns".

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Look at Yesterday's Enterprise. The Enterprise C goes forward in time and that actions change the timeline. They're consistent in that the Enterprise hasn't gone forward and moved to a parallel universe, they've gone forward in time and altered the established timeline. Guinan says that something has changed. Not that the old ship has moved from another timeline into theirs but that their timeline has altered. At least one of the crew (Beverly?) makes the point that if the Enterprise C goes back then their lives as they know them cease to exist. Picard sacrifices his life and the life his crew in order to send the Enterprise C back in time but if changes to the timeline merely create alternate realities then that sacrifice is pointless.

Ahh with a but. In the episode, "Redemption", it seems that the Tasha Yar of "Yesterday's Enterprise" existed after all. (And now Guinan somehow knows all about it even though in YE, she only had a strange feeling)

So if the timeline in which the Enterprise C arrived in the present day does not exist, where did the blonde romulan's mother come from?

• Advertisement

Data "can't" use contractions of words (e.g. can't instead of can not). This makes no sense at all. I mean he is capable of natural language, and capable of great learning of all sorts of concepts including humanoid peculiarities and personalities, he can rewrite his own code and even learn to be in a a relationship in one episode (to an extent).

And yet he can't perform the simple process:
    IF word[this] = "can" AND word[next] = "not" THEN word[this] = "can't", DELETE word[next] ENDIF.

Advertisement