Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch the Superbowl in Cork

Options
  • 01-02-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if places will be staying open this Sunday to show the Superbowl? I think it's starting 11:30pm our time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭dj_

The Woolshed has shown the playoff games so I would imagine it will be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Cypress Avenue are showing it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭opti76

wool shed will be closing at its usual time .. there licence will not let them stay open ...

cork admirals american football team are hosting a superbowl party in the liquid lounge ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Captain America's have shown it the past few years.........dunno about this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

Bru bar will be open all night serving beer. They are doing an offer for it. €10 for a bed and they throw in a breakfast...not that you'd be needing the bed!! That's the only place that has an all night licence for "residents". Liquid lounge would have to be clear by 2:30 at the latest and from what I understand about American football it may go on later than that so you may miss the end. Seems strange that they forked out for a late licence for it to be honest so I may be missing something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Nervosa

Ronan cork wrote: »
    Bru bar will be open all night serving beer. They are doing an offer for it. €10 for a bed and they throw in a breakfast...not that you'd be needing the bed!! That's the only place that has an all night licence for "residents". Liquid lounge would have to be clear by 2:30 at the latest and from what I understand about American football it may go on later than that so you may miss the end. Seems strange that they forked out for a late licence for it to be honest so I may be missing something!

That sound dangerous! I'd only spend a fortune on booze and be useless with my hangover for days after!

Yeah there is a risk of that and to make it worse they have some lovely Irish beers!! But I guess that's why theyre giving you the breakfast too, having the fry in you before the hangover makes a big difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Nervosa

Yea on a Monday morning too! I'll probably just stream it and have some friends over and munch on loads of snacks. Maybe a couple of beers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭CZ 453

opti76 wrote: »
    wool shed will be closing at its usual time .. there licence will not let them stay open ...

cork admirals american football team are hosting a superbowl party in the liquid lounge ..

Wrong.Check their website.They are showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭opti76

shezer wrote: »
    Wrong.Check their website.They are showing it.

if you check face book .. i asked a question they answered it and a few days later they came back saying there showing it... but dont bank on it inspector in anglesea st has said it doesnt matter that there not serving alcohol its an offence to be on a licenced premises after a certain time regardless of whether drink is being purchased or not ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭CZ 453

opti76 wrote: »
    if you check face book .. i asked a question they answered it and a few days later they came back saying there showing it... but dont bank on it inspector in anglesea st has said it doesnt matter that there not serving alcohol its an offence to be on a licenced premises after a certain time regardless of whether drink is being purchased or not ...

Yeah seen that there.Apologies.Captain Americas have shown it in previous years and the woolshed said the kitchen is open till 5am.Would a restaurant be allowed to remain open after hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Volovo

I'm backing the Giants anway :)

From what I understand no as you would have to have a restaurant licence and 51% of your take has to be food. So captain Americas could but I'd say the woolshed would have a bar licence but I may be wrong as I'm yet to go into the place to be honest but the rest of the Mardyke operates under the 1 bar licence...

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Noel Murphy's are showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Reardens are also showing the Superbowl game.

Advertisement