Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow Close Spring/Piston (for kitchen press doors etc.)

• 01-02-2012 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Just wondering where i could get a few slow close pistons for kitchen press doors online or local

(the ones that catch the door on the last few inches as its closing and slowly let it close - hence to stop the kids slamming press doors when getting glasses out of them etc.)

Its not the ones integrated in the hinge... as i dont want to go replacing a load of hinges... its a separate piston/spring that screws down to the press carcass that im looking for.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

www.hafele.ie

They have several different types, they start at about €1 a piece.
    Hafele are located in Kilcool in Wicklow and also now have a place in Santry.
    You can also get these from InHouse, I'd be pretty sure that most of the DIY rip off stores have them too... B&Q, woodies and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

IKEA sell these for about €3 a pair if I recall correctly. They snap into your existing hinge. They don't fit all hinges though.

Advertisement