Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from 35GB Broadband to 50GB Getting New Modem, Need to Upgrade router too?

Options
  • 01-02-2012 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi Im upgrading from 35GB to 50GB and getting a new modem from UPC to facilitate the increased power. Do I need upgrade my ancient router too? D-Link DI-524 Info attached?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

The modem you get from UPC will be a combined modem and router. I don't believe they have any modem only options any more (unfortunately).

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Snazzy_Chazzy

Knasher wrote: »
    The modem you get from UPC will be a combined modem and router. I don't believe they have any modem only options any more (unfortunately).

Cheers Knash. Yeah its lethal ! Can get the internet in my conservatory out the back. IMPRESSED . Some range! Woo hooo

Advertisement