Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cylinder gas.

Options
  • 01-02-2012 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

Quick one,

How long does the gas stay/ store in those yellow cylinders?
    months / years?

cheers..................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Years. We have one that we use for the bbq that we bought about five years ago and it's still working grand.

The gas inside them is ridiculously old. I'd say if you stored the tank properly it would be fine to use 100 years from now. More possibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

I store at least a years supply for our cooker and a couple spare so thats 6 or more full bottles, I try and use them in rotation so the oldest one its well over a year old but I'd expect the gas to be OK untill the bottles rusted out and even outside that would be a bvery long time.

Always handy to have a few spare when SHTF as the empties are made of a good quality steel that can be used to make a woodburning stove :D

Advertisement