Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAME in serious trouble

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Not anymore, went in on Friday to check the trade in price of some games and initially they were giving me the 75% but when it came time to pay the balance I was told that the manager had said that the 75% offer had ended that morning.

The 75% offer only started on Friday for games bought on Friday, and runs for about a month. It's on the Facebook page.

GAME Facebook 75%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

So if I go there right now, I'l get 75% on my trade ins? I got a bunch of games here I'm looking to get shut of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Not anymore, went in on Friday to check the trade in price of some games and initially they were giving me the 75% but when it came time to pay the balance I was told that the manager had said that the 75% offer had ended that morning.

75% never happened this way or if it did you were very lucky. The whole premise for the offer was indeed if you buy any game preowned for the next few weeks you will get a minimum of 75% of its value back in store credit only if you trade it back in before April 15th.

They sell the Zelda 3DS + ocarina of time for 140 in there, so this 75% thing would be lovely :pac:

cloud493 wrote: »
    They sell the Zelda 3DS + ocarina of time for 140 in there, so this 75% thing would be lovely :pac:

So would ATMs giving out €100 notes instead of €20s. Good price for the 3DS though.

• Advertisement

So the 75% thing isn't happening?

So the 75% thing isn't happening?

Yes it is:
    if you buy any game preowned for the next few weeks you will get a minimum of 75% of its value back in store credit only if you trade it back in before April 15th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hrm....so I'm thinking a bake sale won't cut it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

grabbed the sharpshooter controller in game, didn't pick up the rest as there were a good bit more than online.

• Advertisement

Absolam wrote: »
    The 75% offer only started on Friday for games bought on Friday, and runs for about a month. It's on the Facebook page.

GAME Facebook 75%

When i was in on Friday my trade ins were initially going to get me over 170 euro in credit but when the manager came out he told them the offer didn't apply so the total was reduced to 120 something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,269 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Thats because you didnt buy your games after the 16th of march, the offer only applies to games bought between march 16th and april 4th.
    People really need to learn to read the conditions and not just the shiny big writing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

are game stocking the shogun 2 expansion which is out friday?

Oh I see now. So you'd need a receipt or something to prove when you bought it?

I don't think even the staff know wtf this deal is about. Some think you get a bonus of 75% extra on top of your trade in amount. As I and others have said here this is not the case.

If you buy a game preowned from game in the next 24 days and trade it back to them with your original receipt you will get back 75% of the value you originally paid.

Example. Preowned Game-€44.99. Trade in value-€33.75

VinLieger wrote: »
    Thats because you didnt buy your games after the 16th of march, the offer only applies to games bought between march 16th and april 4th.
    People really need to learn to read the conditions and not just the shiny big writing

When I went in there were no signs for any offer, all I did was hand in the games and ask what the trade in price was. It was the staff member who said that there was a trade in bonus on the games and put it through. I never mentioned any offer nor was I aware of one when I went in. That members of staff don't know the conditions of an offer says all you need to know about Game and the manner in which stores are run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

The idea behind the 75% trade-back deal, is that it encourages customers to buy and trade their game back in. The deal isn't allowing staff to bump up all trade-ins by 75%, like some previous trade-in deals.
    They guy I spoke to in gamestop was a bit of a dick, he kept asking why I was trading in games and where I got them from. When he saw I had Mass Effect 3 (got a gift of it on Xbox today) and Grand Slam Tennis 2 to trade in he told me that it was "dodgy" that I had both to trade in and asked me if I "could prove they belonged to me". Have to say I was rather taken aback and asked him if he impllied that everyone who had traded in Mass Effect 3 may have stolen it.

I hope that you got his name and didn't give him your service. Ring up their customer service and complain about him, he'd get in serious trouble for his commentary on your trade-ins. If you didn't take his name while you were in there, go back and get it. It's people like him that make a sales assistants job hell.

Notorious wrote: »
    The idea behind the 75% trade-back deal, is that it encourages customers to buy and trade their game back in. The deal isn't allowing staff to bump up all trade-ins by 75%, like some previous trade-in deals.

When I checked out their facebook page I saw that offer and realized that the guy working there had no idea what the offer was about. "hen I was in the store they were initially giving me a lot more trade in credit till the manager pointed out that they had the offer backwards.

Notorious wrote: »
    I hope that you got his name and didn't give him your service. Ring up their customer service and complain about him, he'd get in serious trouble for his commentary on your trade-ins. If you didn't take his name while you were in there, go back and get it. It's people like him that make a sales assistants job hell.

I know a few people who have worked in there and the guy in question is supposed to be a dickhead of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I know a few people who have worked in there and the guy in question is supposed to be a dickhead of the highest order.

All the more reason to put him in his place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Right. So you won't need a receipt or anything, any game that will qualify should come up with the promotional price on the till, AFAIK.

Have to say, that promo seems very awkwardly marketed.

• Advertisement

Right. So you won't need a receipt or anything, any game that will qualify should come up with the promotional price on the till, AFAIK.

Have to say, that promo seems very awkwardly marketed.

AFAIK, you need the receipt. It seems pretty clear
    GAME Facebook 75%
    Buy between March 16th and April 4th
    Trade back before April 11th with receipt
    Get 75% of price paid back in credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Got 2 pre-owned games in there on Saturday, no mention of this deal, so receipt long in the bin :(

They had two copies of mass effect 3 pre owned in, but its still 45 quid :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Game in Limerick had 1 copy of Fifa street and it was marked as pre owned for 45.99. The manager then said it wasnt used and was actually new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

Game in Limerick had 1 copy of Fifa street and it was marked as pre owned for 45.99. The manager then said it wasnt used and was actually new

Dublin usually have more in stock, and there is more stores to go to. Next time you are in Dublin is when you should get your games.

They're selling DS lite's in there for 45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

They're selling DS lite's in there for 45.

That's cuz Nintendo are only really making games for new 1 and with the price of android so low and being ablr to get games for them free its better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

They've announced their intention to enter administration.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0321/game-business.html

Edit for those on mobiles ...

UK video games retailer Game has announced that it is to seek the appointment of an administrator. This follows the earlier suspension of trading in its shares in London.

A statement from Game said talks with its banks and other interested parties had not made enough progress to offer a realistic prospect for a solvent solution for the business.

Game said the businesses would continue to trade, and talks would continue with its lenders and third parties under court protection.

Earlier, the Game board said it now believed there was no equity value left in the group.

Game trades from about 1,270 stores in nine European markets and Australia and employing 10,000 people.

The company was reported to be trying to raise £180m this week after several suppliers refused to provide it with new products. All the group's stores, which also include the Gamestation brand, are still open for business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Oh the battle to spend my voucher on 1 or 2 things now that i don't want or wait for a week and pick up loads of things i don't want when they are having a closing down sale !

Advertisement